Poll

Do you like this Medieval RPG?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Jakob's World [MEDIEVAL RPG] OFFICIAL TOPIC  (Read 6666 times)

Jakob's World
Medieval RPG Server

Ok, let me get this straight, I started making this topic at 10:20:15 PM Gimme a break and if you have bad comments leave it to yourself. And I know this has Oblivia in it, but I had no idea that there was an Oblivia in skyrim neither did I know it was in other places. I do not play Skyrim or anything like that.

What is it?
My Medieval RPG is of course, a Medieval RPG. there are currently 6 islands with 1 work in progress. Yes you heard that, islands. This is not where you are boxed up with a little stuff to do, you aren't in like this hallway leading into different sections, you aren't in this big flat huge thing, you are in different islands. These islands can be small to huge. So far it is all almost all VCE.
You start off with a bronze dagger and can do quests, maybe once or twice, or even thrice to earn money. The money that I use is your score, which you can easily tell how much you have by hitting F2. You can use your money and buy different weapons.
You can sail to other islands and fight off gremlins/goblins, corrupted government, Hydralisks (Maybe), Izor Guards, Mountain trolls and troll kings, Mutalids and pirhanas in an epic adventure.
You can also play with other friends of course, in this server we give you a choice to donate a specific amount of score to a friend, allows you to work together to get to the top.

Who has helped:
Me, Jakob
Ozmar
The Dark Assassin
Cysero
Lt. Jamergaman
The Brighter Dark
Who has helped or might help:
Sgt. Gary

Ok, yeah, what do I really need?

What I really need, and that my friend Ozmar and The Dark Assassin, who are both best friends of mine and are great workers, are scripters. My server is loaded with a lot of bricks and tons, and when I say tons, I mean tons, of VCE. And it is getting pretty glitchy and it takes a while to save. With scripting, it will go a lot easier.

And it isn't only that. It's kind of like an all hands on deck bro/sis, I need builders, eventers, and people who can make add-ons for our stores, and the new addon's will be featured in our news,

OBLIVIA:

Quests so far (I believe this is what I have, there could be more, and there are more in making. And this is one thing I really need help on):

SVEN
Sven is a little boy on the main island, Oblivia. His story is that he accidentally dropped his mommy's necklace into the ocean, and saw this gremlin pick it up. So what you have to do is kill a certain Gremlin on an island called Wrecker Island to get it back. Once you get it back he gives you 10 golden coins in his pocket. Here is a picture of Sven.

JOE
Joe is a guy in the tavern talking to the keeper, on of course Oblivia. He gives you a quest that leads you to a shipwreck on Wrecker island to get a golden key. Getting the key back to Joe allows you into Golden Oblivia, which is the upper part of Oblivia supported by stone poles. This is a very important quest because Golden Oblivia allows you to some pretty important things. Here is a picture of Joe. The lady in the backround is just a bot that wanders around.

LADY
I'm not too sure if Lady is this girl's name, it could be something else, but she collects sea shells. She gives you a quest to find 20 or so sea shells and get it back to her, which she gives you an amount of golden coins, which I currently forgot what it is. And she is very hot.

FARMER
This farmer is in a little cabin in of course once again, Oblivia, who asks you to farm 100 carrots for him. The carrot farm is right behind the cabin. Completing this quest you get 30 golden coins (I think, it could be 15), which is a pretty easy way to earn money.

FARMER
Here is the farmer again. But this time he is someplace else, on the hardest island currently called Skullzors Isle. This is where the mutalids and the pirhanas are. His story is that he suddenly woke up on Skullzors and ran all the way to get onto the boat which you sailed here (:P) and on the way he dropped tons of carrots in his backpack. Mind you he was scared. And your job is to pick up at least 10 carrots. But why only 10 carrots? Because Ozmar says, that it's pretty hard to pick up a 2 by flat when you have mutalids about to maul you down. This objective and the sea shell objective is where some glitchiness come in. You could have 10 carrots then all of a sudden have 5. I need some help on this.

The Maproom

The maproom is updated more than since I took this picture. You can only see 5 islands, but there is actually 6 islands.

The maproom is how you get to place to place. So far 2 islands are free to go to which is Oblivia Island (Bottom middle) and Wrecker island (top right of oblivia).

The first map you can buy is Blocko Island. it has corrupt government and a fortress which you can get through to and at the end is a special reward which is a Galaxia, 150 golden coins and 'worthiness' which you need to get a wizard ticket into the wizard store.

The second map that you can buy, which is Hydradon, is fairly hard. This holds hydralisks. But they are just warming you up. It is pretty hard but in the center of Hydradon is a huge tree. Get to the top and kill the Izor Guards, you get the map to Mount Brickalot.
WARNING:: There was a glitch in Hydradon and the map was split in half. It is going to be redone.

Mt. Brickalot is where some fun gets involved. It is, or 2nd to being the biggest island in the RPG. And it sure is the tallest. These have tough 500- or more health trolls. And their weapons are deadly. They can get you some money, but they aren't really the ones you want to be farming, unless you have a magic wand to knock them back.
On Mt. Brickalot is a quest, I forgot to take a picture of him, but he gives you the quest to kill the troll king which is located inside of a mountain. This big boy has a thousand health, pretty fast because of it's size, and can kill you in 2 hits. After you defeat him you can get quite the treasure, and behind him is a map. Clicking that map will get you the map to Skullzors Isle.

Warning::Skullzors Isle is not seen in the picture because the maproom picture was taken before it was placed in, but it does look like a giant skull and 3-5 small islands around it.
Skullzors is probably the deadliest island yet. It isn't currently done but it is almost done. It has deadly mutalids with I think around 300 health. The best thing against these guys is Emerald armor, which costs a lot. You will have to get a lot of money for this.
Well of course it isn't really done so I can't tell you much about it.
But that is the map room!

How much damage does your weapon actually do?

This may be a question that you may ask yourself once you buy a brand new weapon. To test that out, you can fight the dummies next to the spawn. There are three kinds of dummies. Wooden with 100 hp. Steel with 200 hp. And bejeweled, or how I like to call it, diamond with 500 hp. Simply hitting your dummy then clicking it tells you how much hp it currently has. This is very useful to plan against enemies.

Want to help, but how?
Well that, my friend is very easy.
Choose the best thing that you are good at and fill out the application below.

APPLICATION TO HELP
I'm not saying you need to help, but I am ASKING you to help
Name:
BL_ID:
How do you want to help, being an eventer, builder, scripter, add-on maker:
How are you experienced?: ___/10
What days would you be on?:

What I need most is scripters. Second to most I need is builders, than to add-on makers, than to eventers. And please try your best if you get accepted.

!!Other Notes!!
  • Do not comment if your comment is disrespectful please.
  • I will try to put up my server 24/7 so expect it up there.
  • If you apply it make take a while for me to get back to you so don't spam me with notices.
  • I hope this Medieval RPG entertained you and that you might be able to help out. It took me a long time to make this.
  • Please give constructive criticism on the forum or on the build, but please do not be mean
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:19:40 AM by Jakobblockhead »

It looks nice.

Name: PurpleMetro (Secton Ingame)
BL_ID: 8448
I'll help as an eventer & builder. If I can only choose 1 then eventing.
How are you experienced?:  9/10
What Days would you be on?: Everyday, in the afternoons (1-2 PM)

It looks nice.

Name: PurpleMetro (Secton Ingame)
BL_ID: 8448
I'll help as an eventer & builder. If I can only choose 1 then eventing.
How are you experienced?:  9/10
What Days would you be on?: Everyday, in the afternoons (1-2 PM)
Accepted.

Sorry for not saying you can choose more than one, but you can.

Alright then, rather than my position as an eventer I will be your scripter. But I can't do it alone, if you want weapons or something you will also need a modeller so I can script his/her weapons. But I will see about your scripts for VCE.

--
Sgt. Gary

Alright then, rather than my position as an eventer I will be your scripter. But I can't do it alone, if you want weapons or something you will also need a modeller so I can script his/her weapons. But I will see about your scripts for VCE.

--
Sgt. Gary
Ok so I guess I'll see you on later.

haven't played a good RPG in a very long time, and this looks okay. I'll give it a burl if I see it up (:

So far you've made a nice RPG
As long as you keep it on this nice track and make a boat shop, I will definitely play (and maybe make a gui  :))

and yet still no prehistoric rp........

OT:
great gravy! this has be thee best rp server to have a medieval style!
hope it doesn't go apestuff with badmins and a crap load of dramas

Huge bump.

Anyways I haven't been working on this map or realeasing it because of the following problems: Prompt got messed up. Mountains were split. Bots werent working. Builds suddenly disappeared, I haven't worked on this forever. I found this topic again and i am writing this now. And 2, I cant work on it with my buds because V21 is an idiot and wont let me host in any way.

APPLICATION TO HELP
Name: Mango
BL_ID: 32406
How do you want to help, being an eventer, builder, scripter, add-on maker: Eventer, Builder, Weapons // vehicles making (my limitations of Coding only go to very glitchy server sided. I can make none glitchy Weapons and vehicles.)
How are you experienced?: ___/10 9/10 (I've helped with many other RPG's)
What days would you be on?: pretty much all days, except a few cause I'll be working.

Huge bump.

Anyways I haven't been working on this map or realeasing it because of the following problems: Prompt got messed up. Mountains were split. Bots werent working. Builds suddenly disappeared, I haven't worked on this forever. I found this topic again and i am writing this now. And 2, I cant work on it with my buds because V21 is an idiot and wont let me host in any way.
APPLICATION TO HELP
Name: Mango
BL_ID: 32406
How do you want to help, being an eventer, builder, scripter, add-on maker: Eventer, Builder, Weapons // vehicles making (my limitations of Coding only go to very glitchy server sided. I can make none glitchy Weapons and vehicles.)
How are you experienced?: ___/10 9/10 (I've helped with many other RPG's)
What days would you be on?: pretty much all days, except a few cause I'll be working.

Building looks kind of bland and un-stylish.
Try putting in designs like this.