Author Topic: Kakashi11's Pixel remakes: Someone bumped it!  (Read 3283 times)

Pixels:
Hello blockland forums! I re-create pixels in blockland, by hand!
Now, before you call me out, saying i have used IMG2Brick, i can prove you wrong.
I have prepaired a folder in my Photobucket for each individual pixel, showing the steps i took while i was making the pixel.
All brick counts are in 1x1s, Usually means the pixel count of the original picture.

Featured:

Onyxia:Brickcount: 66615

Onyxia Photobucket link

TF2 medic: Unknowned brick count

Referece

Mane 6 + princesses:Brick count: 116243

Mane 6 + Princesses photobucket link

Princess Celestia:  123883 brick count

Princess Celestia Photobucket link

Princess Luna: 89988 Brick count

Princess Luna Photobucket link

Twilight sparkle: 98547 Brick count

Twilight sparkle photobucket link

Pixels that didn't make the featured:
Fluttershy Lyra Cadence Pinkie pie Rarity Trixie
Current Projects:
Princess Celestia and Nightmare moon P1:
Anyway, i been working on a new pixel:

Requests

Hey, Do you have a pixel that you want me to remake in blockland? Well i'll gladly do it!
Just send me the image Via PM (or post it in the topic if you don't have PM privileges)
And i'll get right to it!(Getting right to it mean whenever i get around to it)

Current requests: None.

Take in consideration the amount of time i took on these pixels, I take no credit for the original image, only the remake in blockland.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:45:21 PM by kakashi11 »

pixel art is dumb and way too easy to make with img2brick.

thing is, he doesn't make it with img2brick

thing is, he doesn't make it with img2brick
Proof or it didn't happen.
Seriously, who places 116k 1x1f's? If you build by hand, why not use bigger bricks? That is faster, and saves bricks.

Proof or it didn't happen.

Good job reading the topic, folks!

I have prepared a folder in my Photobucket for each individual pixel, showing the steps i took while i was making the pixel.
Check under each picture, the folders there.

Good job reading the topic, folks!
I read the OP. I know you took pictures of your progress.
But those could easily be faked. Not saying you did, but it would be possible.

It still makes no sense why you were using 1x1s. For example for Celestas mane, you could easily have used the 32x32 baseplate, thus saving 1063 bricks. Assuming you plant 5 bricks a second (that might even be too fast), that would've saved you about 4 minutes of brickplanting.
I may be lazier than most people, but I think most people would agree with me on this.

if you spend that much time doing pixel art for real, you need to get a new hobby.
its not that amazing, and pixel art is nothing new or exciting that anybody would eat up anyways.

Assuming you plant 5 bricks a second (that might even be too fast)
you must be slow

you must be slow
Alright, change it to 10 bricks per second. That still adds up to 2 minutes or so.

Alright, change it to 10 bricks per second. That still adds up to 2 minutes or so.
What i do is map off the color, lets say, the top of celestia's mane, The green/blueish color, then i take a 4x4 baseplate, place the 16 1x1fs on it, duplicate it, drop it down 1/3 of a brick, and duplicate away the filling.

What i do is map off the color, lets say, the top of celestia's mane, The green/blueish color, then i take a 4x4 baseplate, place the 16 1x1fs on it, duplicate it, drop it down 1/3 of a brick, and duplicate away the filling.
That sort of makes sense, but why not use the 4x4 baseplate as it is?

That sort of makes sense, but why not use the 4x4 baseplate as it is?
that'd be too easy and believable

image says it all