Poll

What do you think next week's theme should be?

Arcologies
Famous Landmarks
Interconnected Space Stations
Egyptian Tombs with event challenges
Theme Park

Author Topic: Wedge's Brick Party (BYOB) [Arcologies]  (Read 38724 times)

I accidentally crashed the server. About 8 minutes of builds were lost but ownership got a little screwed up so if your build is owned by me or someone else let me know and I'll either switch it back to you or give you trust.

Dealing with saves on dedicated servers sucks and I hope there's better ways to deal with it in the future.

Support Undulo Theme 2012 in the next vote

Vote or DIE.

I broke the map save deleting some dude's $weet log ride sorry have undulo theme in return

~ronin  :^)

Ronin admin of the year 2012

BUT AT LEAST WE STILL HAVE EACHOTHER

Here's the latest version I have of the save if anybody wants to try and load it:
http://db.tt/y4vnj4gJ

I've got work today so I don't have the time to sit on the server all day and load it slowly.

In the future, if you break the server, type the command /stopautosave within 15 minutes of it breaking.

I've got work today so I don't have the time to sit on the server all day and load it slowly.
How do I load saves faster?
Put the save file into base/server/temp/temp.bls then type /reloadbricks while in your server

Yeah, I know. That was the first thing I did and it's how I usually load saves on the server. It didn't load for some reason when I tried that this time so I'm trying to manually upload it. Hopefully the save isn't broken.

EDIT: I got tired of trying to manually upload it on the server so I tested the save on my own server and it loaded fine. I checked the ftp and it looks like the file transfer got canceled halfway through, I've got it uploaded now. The server is back up, the save is from about 30 minutes before I logged off last night.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:38:22 AM by Wedge »

Hey everybody, just a quick update.

This week's build came out fantastic, and if you haven't seen it yet, you should check it out either on the server or download it yourself. You will need Sumz's new brick pack and Ronin's colorset for the best compatibility. The save will be up shortly, but there's lots of giant screenshots in this thread. The builds people build on this server every week continue to amaze me.

This weekend we'll be running a Blupo themed DM. Sumz suggested it and it won out in the community discussion. When he comes online I'll talk to him about getting it all setup.

Finally, the lease on my apartment expires in 10 days and my landlord decided now would be a great time to cut off my wireless Internet access. Over the next two to three weeks I'm going to have intermittent access to the Internet and a computer that can run Blockland. I'll still be mostly online but I'm not going to be on Blockland much. You can still contact me here in the thread, over steam, by email, or by private message.

I'm planning on turning control over to the admins for the next couple of weeks, and just doing the bare minimum of keeping the server online and updated. What I'd like is for the admins to keep the theme and game mod rotating and I'm giving them power to do whatever. What I'm expecting is for them to get bored after a couple of days, stop playing, and the server to fill up with spam. :cookie:

I'm okay with this. We're going to be relaunching the server around mid-august with our first ever build contest. Trey has produced an excellent contesting mod with art assets produced by Marcem and Sumz. There's also going to be some pretty cool prizes for the winners. I also hope to have some time to rewrite the moderator plugin to use permissions and not suck in that time, but we'll see. The server's going to be coming back with new content and better than ever.

Wow, Facechild, KNIEX, entrepreneur in and Ronin are still hanging around Blockland? I've never checked this topic so i'm pretty late apparently

What add-on lets non-Admins use the orb/warp?