Author Topic: Possibly Some Nasty Ass Virus?  (Read 811 times)

So earlier today, I left my computer to go draw. I come back to go upload the photo, and my computer is running at a snails pace. Opening the Start menu take more than 5 seconds and it freezes constantly. I cant open any new tabs in chrome. Browsing my computer takes forever. Also, I tried to open MalwareBytes, BitDefender, and my Task Manager, but they wouldn't open. I already shut off my computer and put it into Safe Mode. I scanned with MalwareBytes, but it didn't find anything. I am currently running my BitDefender scanner, and it's says it found 22 infected objects, but BD always finds cookies to delete. I don't know what's going on guys. :C

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON"T SEND ZLOFF THE MOOOOOODEEEEELS!

If you can't open task manager, try resource monitor.
If there are any strange processes then try suspending them before you open any antivirus programs or whatever it is you young-ins do these days.

I'm still running BitDefender at the moment. So Ill see how far that gets me. It was fine earlier today. It acted up after I left.

try using a different security system, or a system restore.

My computer seems to slow to a crawl every now and then when I leave it on the screensaver for a long period of time, but I've generally associated it with the fact that I have a pathetic amount of RAM.

Is it even running normally in safe mode?
Did you even try to restart?
I get this stuff at times, it means your computer is telling your ass to restart.

BitDefender is one of the best AV programs on the market. It's not done yet either so I have to wait and see if I have a virus or the computer was just acting handicapped.

My computer seems to slow to a crawl every now and then when I leave it on the screensaver for a long period of time, but I've generally associated it with the fact that I have a pathetic amount of RAM.

I have 8 gigs so that can't be my problem. :\

Is it even running normally in safe mode?
Did you even try to restart?
I get this stuff at times, it means your computer is telling your ass to restart.

It's fine in Safe Mode.

I have 8 gigs so that can't be my problem. :\
Jealous; I only have 2 gigs and I can't expand it.

It's fine in Safe Mode.
restart in normal mode and if you have a normal computer it would start up like normal and be normal speed.
if it's still slow i'll associate it with my worst nemesis: SecuROM.

My computer gets like this when it starts overheating. Possibly shut it down for an hour?

The thing is, though, is that my AV programs won't start and my Task Manager won't open. You might be right, because I haven't tried opening any other programs, but this is the first time it's happened.

The thing is, though, is that my AV programs won't start and my Task Manager won't open. You might be right, because I haven't tried opening any other programs, but this is the first time it's happened.
I'd say give it a bit. Next time you restart, try to get task manager up as soon as possible. Check for suspicious processes.

Jealous; I only have 2 gigs and I can't expand it.
1gig
1024 to be exact.
Soooo a gig and 24mb

1gig
1024 to be exact.
Soooo a gig and 24mb

1024 mb is a gig..