The Late Night Blockland Show [Series 1 Discussion]

Author Topic: The Late Night Blockland Show [Series 1 Discussion]  (Read 45644 times)

The Late Night Blockland Show is a real-time TV-length interview & quiz show brought to you by British Blocklander's Aludane and IcyGamma.

Based off the podcast Blockland On Air, the show features a full half an hour of in-depth discussion to let you get to know more about players and community projects you are interested in. It is currently the most detailed interview programme for Blockland.

The show is compromised of different segments, starting with an interview covering the guests on-going projects (or whatever current events they are known for). This is followed by quizes and games revealing their thoughts on Blockland, other players, and what they get up to. The results are funny, interesting, and sometimes shocking.

You may decide to watch the show, or just listen to it while its in the background. Each episode features a breakdown of the material so you can skip to parts that interest you, as we appreciate not everyone may have time to watch the whole show (though we recommend it).

Latest Episode

Magical "Mystery Box"

Episode 5 is the series 1 finale. IcyGamma and Aludane decide to try and find a Blocklander on Steam to "channel" into the studio via a magic box-- it goes badly. IcyGamma gets lost into the commentator box of a soccer game  while looking for a place to go for a piss. Aludane's attention gradually slips into pure destructive rage during a defiant Minegames.

Episode timing guide:
0:00 - Mystical Box intro
02:50 - IcyGamma commentates soccer game
04:35 - Mystical Box Interview
10:25 - Agenda with Aludane
12:25 - Aludane defiant in Minegames
14:50 - Aludane goes bonkers

Episode List [Series 1 (2012)]

FAQ

Can I be a guest?
We pick guests based on if they are of general interest to the Blockland community. This may be because they are well known, because they are forum personalities, or because they are the center of current events with their projects. We are open to suggestions and requests but don't be offended if we don't respond. Please contact us if you want to be put on the waiting list for consideration.

How can I contact you?
PM LcyGamma (yes, Icy has secured that alt) or Aludane at forum.blockland.us or IcyGamma at youtube.com/IcyGamma. Send us questions, requests, fan art, whatever-- Aludane and I appreciate it. <3

What happened to Blockland On Air?
Technical restrictions made this a problem, but now I have better hardware and am working with Aludane, there is no problem.

How long will this run?
Each series is 6 episodes. We have confirmed series 2 for 2012.

When will it be released?
Monthly on no particular date, unless stated otherwise.

Is it live? Is there an audience?
There is no audience. The show is filmed real-time, so while the interview is happening on TeamSpeak Aludane, the guest, and I are on the server being filmed. It is pre-recorded. The show is not is staged or faked, though we do prepare questions and quiz material in advance to prompt discussion.

Can I advertise?
We have introduced a sponsorship program. Details below.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in the show by the guests do not necessarily reflect those involved in the development of the programme.

Fan Art

morningstar

Sponsorship

You can sponsor an episode to promote your own websites or projects, even those that aren't Blockland related!

LNBS reaches a concentrated audience of Blocklanders, both in-game and forum, so its ideal if you want direct promotion.

You will have your ad played at least 3 times during the episode inbetween breaks, including an image in the credits of your promoted material listed as "sponsor".

Please contact IcyGamma via PM if you wish to know more including the terms.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:08:02 PM by Sheath »

oo pick me, interview me! (i'll be good)

oo pick me, interview me! (i'll be good)

As a matter of fact, that would be very interesting and I'm sure people would be interested.

See if you can get baddy as a guest.
And I would like to see bolster as a guest.

As a matter of fact, that would be very interesting and I'm sure people would be interested.
i'm glad you agree

might be hard with my work schedule but we could figure something out i'm sure

suggestion: drill a window to the outside and have random things happen there that are nonchalantly ignored by the interview

Oh hey I was there when they finished recording this. Cool.

I would love to be on here but I haven't done anything really. :(
I don't think to many people know who I am. I also Subbed to your Youtube account.

I would love to be on here but I haven't done anything really. :(
I don't think to many people know who I am. I also Subbed to your Youtube account.

Thanks c:

Oh hey I was there when they finished recording this. Cool.

Now your questions have been answered haha.

Now your questions have been answered haha.

Yeah seriously I was about to ask and then you left and Tom was barely able to explain it.

Also why the forget are you guys so good at building? I'm only good at writing TorqueScript D:

i'm British

i would like to be in this show

i'm British

Tom is more American than practically anyone I know.

Oh sweet, I remember watching Iban's interview way back. Good luck, Icy!

Tom is more American than practically anyone I know.

I THOUGHT THEY WERE CANADIANS

THE LIES HURT MY SOUL

Also you should interview Me and Youngrotations c:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:40:40 AM by Darkness ZXW »