Author Topic: blota.beta3 - released  (Read 41976 times)

also i'm curious
would it be possible to say, install a custom font? isn't there some font cache folder or something?

because that font in the screenshot is open sans, and it's not a windows or mac default.
yes
it is
copy the file (must be gft) to base/client/ui/cache/name_size.gft

also i made a mockup server gui

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27975145/server%20gui%20v2.png[/img]

• exaggerated gray (too dark, possibly just in relation to content grays)
  • blargh colors in actual server list
  • ugly font in text input and sort dropdown
  • weird alignment with search button, text input and sort dropdown
  • simply awkward gradient below large server name (fades into background color and away)

• exaggerated gray (too dark, possibly just in relation to content grays)
  • blargh colors in actual server list
  • ugly font in text input and sort dropdown
  • weird alignment with search button, text input and sort dropdown
  • simply awkward gradient below large server name (fades into background color and away)

Also having to select each server to see the ping, bricks and gamemode is pretty lame. Those are all useful bits of information when looking for a server - nobody wants to click through 100 servers to see which has the best ping for them.

nobody wants to click through 100 servers to see which has the best ping for them.
That's where sorting comes in.

1 sort box is not going to be as effective as the current solution. Your design shouldn't inhibit usability for the purpose of looking nice lol.

Ok so you sort by ping, now how do you find all the servers with a set amount of bricks, or a certain gamemode you wanted to play?

I see, I guess the real challenge is finding that balance between looking good and functionality. Thanks for your advice.

You need to make it more obvious which areas are clickable.

looks like TBP is moving towards metro, very nice.
Needs more sorting buttons, not drop-down boxes. Besides that, it looks very nice!

so it's probably best to move the info onto the list, and-

actually what if i just added the preview, name, and search onto the right of a re-done normal server list.

and i thought those colors worked :|

Good news, guys...

TheBlackParrot and I have spent virtually all day scripting and perfecting blota's new loading GUI.
As always, feedback would be useful.

Looks real great.

Is the background just the same as your 'desktop' picture or whatever you want to call it?

Why did nobody tell me about this?