Author Topic: Player Head Model (For Hats Of Course!)  (Read 3386 times)

So a lot of you may want to make hats, either for your own mods or for the RustyMunk's hat mod. I found making hats that fit the Blockhead's perfectly/nicely really hard to do without a reference to model on top of. The resource that was stickied with the playermodel is not scaled properly, so modelling off of it is almost pointless. So I created a little handy head that should be to the exact dimensions of the Blockhead, eyes and mouth included. Inside the zip is an OBJ and a Blend, so anyone can use this.

Happy Modelling!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:38:39 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

not like this could've been achieved with the minifig model.

not like this could've been achieved with the minifig model.

The stickied resource minifig is not scaled properly.

The stickied resource minifig is not scaled properly.
yes it is lol

yes it is lol

No, it isnt. I downloaded it and put it into Blender, modelled onto it, exported, and put it into BL, and the thing was like 3x the size of the Blockhead. That model also does not have eye references.

No, it isnt. I downloaded it and put it into Blender, modelled onto it, exported, and put it into BL, and the thing was like 3x the size of the Blockhead. That model also does not have eye references.
You apparently don't have the right minifig model provided by Darkstar.

You apparently don't have the right minifig model provided by Darkstar.

I used this one:

Player Doll: (.blend)

Which is what is stickied in this board. People want quick, easy access to modelling resources. I gave them a quick resource for modelling hats, accurately too, with the eyes and mouth added.