Author Topic: going to by new headphones because mine are falling apart. Are these good?  (Read 707 times)

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc-gaming-headsets/ear-force-z6a.aspx

my last headphones were turtle beaches, I liked them, and im thinking about getting this. Should I? Is there anything better on the market? Also tritons didn't work for me, they just made a loud rasping noise and i didnt like how they felt.

Turtle beaches are awful, don't get them. If you want a surround sound headset, get a cheap sound card that can simulate surround sound with headphones and get some really good headphones.

I've tried actual surround sound headphones like the one you linked to before, they don't sound spaced out at all and there isn't much difference in sound between the front and rear speakers. Surround visualization is way better, unless you get an actual 5.1 speaker system.

If you're thinking of going the virtual surround sound with a sound card route, here's what I recommend.

Headset is comfy as forget and sounds great. Easily my favorite out of all the headphones/headsets I've owned. It says it's USB, but that's optional. The sound card I linked to simulates surround sound a lot better than the headset's USB dongle.

Don't listen to these idiots. I have those headsets and they work perfectly well.

Don't listen to these idiots. I have those headsets and they work perfectly well.
Don't listen to this fool! He's been poisoned by those turtle beaches!

not too sure on the whole "labeled as gaming headset=stuff" thing, since I've only ever gotten 1 pair...but steelseries doesn't seem to be too bad.

not too sure on the whole "labeled as gaming headset=stuff" thing, since I've only ever gotten 1 pair...but steelseries doesn't seem to be too bad.
They work really well for gaming and the mic has no background noise when I use it so I would consider it a gaming headset.

If you're thinking of going the virtual surround sound with a sound card route, here's what I recommend.

Headset is comfy as forget and sounds great. Easily my favorite out of all the headphones/headsets I've owned. It says it's USB, but that's optional. The sound card I linked to simulates surround sound a lot better than the headset's USB dongle.

I just like how this headset works with xbox aswell, so it'd save me another 20 bucks buying a new xbox headset which i also need. Nothing was wrong with my old one, its just that the earmuffs stopped working and one of them fell off because while I had them set they fell over and i rolled my chair to get them.

they rolled straight over them. :|

I just like how this headset works with xbox aswell, so it'd save me another 20 bucks buying a new xbox headset which i also need. Nothing was wrong with my old one, its just that the earmuffs stopped working and one of them fell off because while I had them set they fell over and i rolled my chair to get them.

they rolled straight over them. :|
If your TV has a headphone output, you could replace that headset with some slightly cheaper headphones and get a clip-on mic as well as a 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter. Use the headphones and mic with your PC normally. For the 360, use the headphones with the headphone output on your TV and use the converter on your microphone to plug it into your controller.

Sounds a bit clustered, but trust me, it's not as bad as those headsets. With those, they have a USB cable for power, 3 more for surround sound (one of which you'll only need to use with the 360), a 3.5mm cable for use with the PC, and another little cable coming off the headset and going into your controller for the microphone on the 360.

If your TV has a headphone output, you could replace that headset with some slightly cheaper headphones and get a clip-on mic as well as a 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter. Use the headphones and mic with your PC normally. For the 360, use the headphones with the headphone output on your TV and use the converter on your microphone to plug it into your controller.

Sounds a bit clustered, but trust me, it's not as bad as those headsets. With those, they have a USB cable for power, 3 more for surround sound (one of which you'll only need to use with the 360), a 3.5mm cable for use with the PC, and another little cable coming off the headset and going into your controller for the microphone on the 360.
i had the px21 and it was confusing as forget to set up.