Author Topic: Help Needed: Wifi Adapter Being Dumb  (Read 349 times)

My ASUS U56E-BBL5 laptop has been working about a year ever since I purchased it. Until now, I suddenly lost the capability of connecting wirelessly. I restarted my computer once and my Wifi worked, but for only a few minutes. The problem itself seems to have escalated from limited Wifi connectivity to the disappearance of my Wifi adapter.

I checked Device Manager to see if there's any changes. So far the driver remains intact while the two miniports for the driver disappeared. I tried downloading the latest files for the driver at Intel's website, but it didn't fix the problem. So, I'm down with three options.

A. Uninstall the driver and let the computer find and reinstall it.
B. Purchase an external wireless adapter.
C. Purchase a replacement Wifi card.

Which one should I choose?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:16:05 AM by Master Shadow Phoenix »

aren't you able to open up the back panel and switch out the wireless card from there?
at least thats how my old laptop worked.

aren't you able to open up the back panel and switch out the wireless card from there?
at least thats how my old laptop worked.
Now that I think about it, I may be able to open up the panels and replace the card from there.

Now that I think about it, I may be able to open up the panels and replace the card from there.
check for a wireless card when you open up the back panel, if there's none, don't be surprised and settle with an external one.