Author Topic: minecraft runs so slow on my netbook  (Read 2135 times)

i have a samsung netbook and blockland runs really perfect and other games do but just minecraft runs SO bad i cant play it well. first problem is when i make a normal world my netbook starts lagging like hell, i can only use a superflat world but that still lags. I have tried with the video options but that doesn't do a thing. I really want to play minecraft but it is running bad, please help.

Minecraft uses too much RAM for the way it is.

Load 50k bricks on your blockland and tell me how it runs.

Minecraft like other Java-based games are huge ramwhores and in the case of minecraft take up a lot of CPU power. Post the specs of your machine by typing dxdiag in run and we might be able to suggest cheap upgrades that could boost performance.

I only lags while it's loading chunks. Just give it a few minutes and the lag will stop. It'll also be a good idea to set your graphics to fast, turn clouds off and set your rendering distance to tiny.

I know this, because I also use a netbook.

I know this, because I also use a netbook.
Actually no you don't because you don't know his specs. He could easily be running minecraft with 512mb of RAM which would have poor performance constantly, not just when loading chunks.

It could also be an issue that his system is sufficiently powerful but his components are overheating due to a clogged heatsink.

That's like saying that a $1,500 laptop and a $750 laptop are identical because they are both laptops.

Have you considered OptiFine? That works very well for me.

suggest cheap upgrades that could boost performance.
>upgrade
>netbook

>>>cheap

hell no, those forgeters are hard to upgrade... or so i hear
Have you considered OptiFine? That works very well for me.
op do this

wait did some chump seriously think he could run minecraft on a netbook?

fine ill get optifine, and what happens if that doesnt work?

fine ill get optifine, and what happens if that doesnt work?
try nodus, a hacked client, as evil it may sound, if you don't use anything that's built in and turn off the IRC, it's basically just a more optimized version of optifine.

I can run Minecraft with 3GB of RAM with it lagging, but with 4GB, it runs smoothly.

wtf do i chose?

wtf do i chose?
take a screenshot of your dxdiag so i can help pick.