Author Topic: Should I buy Battlefield 3?  (Read 2183 times)

The reason I'm not going right ahead and buying it is because of me being scared that I'd get low fps and then I'd would have wasted $40.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (doesn't matter really, but just in case)
Intel Core i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz (4 Cores)
6GB RAM

then here's the killer

Intel HD 3000

I can run GTA 4 on the lowest possible settings, and get 30fps. I don't really care how games look as long as I get 30+ fps. I'm sure there are tweaks so I can get FPS, and I can also set it to the lowest settings, which I am okay with. So, should I go ahead and buy Battlefield 3?

sure. the only major graphic difference is from low to medium. high and ultra are just overkill. But excpect to get 20-30 fps.


Yes



Because in BF3 the snipers actually act like snipers.

Yes



Because in BF3 the snipers actually act like snipers.

you know he was asking because of his integrated graphics, it wasn't a game mechanics issue ..

sure. the only major graphic difference is from low to medium. high and ultra are just overkill. But excpect to get 20-30 fps.
Would Lowest and 640 x 480 get me 30 fps?

Because in BF3 the snipers actually act like snipers.
not what OP was asking about

you're obviously trying to start stuff

Would Lowest and 640 x 480 get me 30 fps?
probably, not sure.

Would Lowest and 640 x 480 get me 30 fps?

jeez if you're going to play at 640x480 don't waste your money :S

jeez if you're going to play at 640x480 don't waste your money :S
yeah, BF3 is big
you would probably have a lot of trouble seeing people and vehicles that you need to see
on most maps, anyway
if you're playing TDM on the Cbrown towns map you probably wont have much trouble


jeez if you're going to play at 640x480 don't waste your money :S
:S

is it really that bad?

No.
Well then if Nickelob Ultra says no, then I probably shouldn't.
Locked.

I'll probably just buy it, as I'll be getting a new GPU sometime soon.

Yes



Because in BF3 the snipers actually act like snipers.
lol.