Author Topic: Building a computer with my dad :D  (Read 1258 times)

So after I talked to my dad about getting upgrades to my computer, we ended up watching three videos on how to build a computer, and he got super hyped on wanting to build one. So yesterday he said to gather out parts list and to order them soon. He said we'll get it done before summer is out. So I want some input from you guys on some parts, and if the stuff I have gathered so far is good. Too late, parts ordered :cookieMonster:

The List:

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
MoBo: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 LGA 1155
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212+
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX750, 750W
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB
Hard Drives: 1TB Seagate SV35.5 @ 6Gb/s  &  64GB Crucial M4 SSD @ 6Gb/s
Disk Drive: ASUS 24x Burner
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:19:53 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

are guys actually gonna know what you're doing...?

you have the same stuff as the newegg computer demo.
good luck!

are guys actually gonna know what you're doing...?

No, we're going to shove wires up our asses.

Make sure you don't break the parts. Also, don't get your skin oils on the cpu. Make sure only to touch the chip part.

Talk about bonding time

Talk about bonding time
Said the CPU to the heatsink.
 :cookieMonster:

Might Livestream the building process.

Make sure you don't break the parts. Also, don't get your skin oils on the cpu. Make sure only to touch the chip part.

We aren't computer illiterate. We already know a lot about computers. There wre a few dark areas in building a computer we were not sure about. We watched three hour long videos on building a comp and we feel very confident in our abilities I'm building a good specced computer.

Might Livestream the building process.

Oh that's actually a cool idea. I'd watch :D

Then it's settled, I will Livestream the building when we get to it. Hopefully we'll order the parts in the next 2-3 days.

We just ordered all the parts from Newegg. Decided to go with the AMD Radeon HD 7850. Parts should arrive soon (hopefully).

What are you gonna do with your gay little window, look at some guy's ass?