Author Topic: I need help convincing my mom that Battlefield 3 is just a game.  (Read 4628 times)

So, I plan to buy BF3, but the only thing stopping me is my mom. She things that games like Call of Duty and Halo, or any other shooter harms me. She doesn't care that I know that it is only a game. She stands by her reasoning which is "They're violent" and she won't change her opinion. I have played THOUSANDS of hours worth of shooters or other violent games, and do they change me? No. I couldn't stand to watch something die in real life, depending what it is of course. I mean, if I saw a person die in real life from being shot, then I'd probably have nightmares. Video games are just "lol u got shot u ded ok" and I don't care. She doesn't care. She still thinks that they're harmful to me. She also thinks that they make me anti-social. I'm not, I'm just shy. I can barely talk to a cashier by my self because I don't want to make an idiot out of myself. But still, my mom thinks video games cause that.

So, what should I do?

smack her into submission

bring her to a clinic, she is obviously mentally unstable.

Thats how I started cussing

god damn you cod 5

You can't do anything. It's not that great anyways. Go play something else

there's much more fun games you can play that are not violent. portal, dear esther, burnout, sim city, garrys mod, terraria, minecraft, etc.

I've had more fun on those games than I've ever had on BF3, and generally most FPS shooters anyway. sometimes you can't convince your parents, just go with what they say until they let you play them.

Ask your dad
My dad had to follow her rule that I can't play violent games.
he bought me mw3

My dad had to follow her rule that I can't play violent games.
he bought me mw3
tell him to be a man and beat his wife

bring her to a clinic, she is obviously mentally unstable.
this

and its not the violence you need to worry about, its the amount of cursing.
They say forget every 2 seconds.

this

and its not the violence you need to worry about, its the amount of cursing.
They say forget every 2 seconds.
I wear a headset all the time, and she doesn't care about me listening or watching things with swears in it. I still can't watch Robot Chicken or Family Guy of course. It's probably some sort of trauma from being a nurse and seeing people with their guts spilled out.

I still can't watch Robot Chicken or Family Guy of course.
Quite honestly, that garbage is worse for you