Author Topic: fullscreen issue  (Read 988 times)

I'm having a few issues with fullscreening Blockland. I have it set to go to fullscreen by default. So when i start up blockland it immediately becomes fullscreen. When I do that, most of the time now it will cause my screen to go black. It looks like it turned off my moniter (it didn't though) I usually have to hit the power button it turn it off, and then on again to get it working. Or I hit alt+tab or something to minimize blockland and then go back to Blockland and it will work fine. I'm not sure if this is because of Blockland or my moniter, because any other program works fine with fullscreen, but at the same time whenever the screen goes black, it's not even showing black light coming from the screen. The screen doesn't show any light at all as if it were turned off. And some times minimizing Blockland doesn't make the screen work again, and I have to just turn the moniter off and on again.

Although now I can't duplicate the issue.. After the first time getting Blockland to work in fullscreen, the issue may not happen again until after I turn restart the computer. I'm not entirely sure

Did you set the refresh rate 60 or whatever?

Did you set the refresh rate 60 or whatever?
Would be a good idea to do this with your monitor as well. It may be an issue where the monitor is not good at auto-adjustment.

So I should make sure BL refresh rate matches my moniters? How do I change Blocklands refresh rate? Whenever I go to options the dropdown list is blank

Post console.log with trace.

Here it is. Screen was black and would show anything until I turned the moniter off and on again. Then I typed Trace(1); and got a bunch what looked like spam from Block0s

When I open Blockland, my screen goes black for three minutes (I just wait).
But, if I delete all of my add-ons, it doesn't go black at all, Blockland opens immediately.
So, I'm guessing that it just takes my Blockland a while to load because of my high amount of add-ons.

Do ONE of the following:
1. Delete all of your add-ons and then open Blockland.
If the screen still goes black, take someone else's advice.
If Blockland opens immediately, then you can put all of your add-ons back, but you'll still have to wait a few minutes for Blockland to finally appear every time you open Blockland.
2. Open Blockland and then wait a few minutes (I'd go with five).
If the screen is still black after five minutes, take someone else's advice.
If Blockland opens after five minutes or less, then you'll just have to wait for Blockland to open because of your amount of add-ons.

Well it's not that the screen is black because Blockland isn't up yet, it's black because of some glitch with the fullscreening. If I don't do anything for 5 minutes or longer, it will stay black until I turn my monitor off an on. Whenever I turn my monitor on again the game works fine.

What resolution is Blockland running at? What is the resolution of your monitor?

I'm using the custom resolution mod changing my resolution to 1920x1080, I'll really quickly test out a default resolution and see if that was the issue

no, switching to a default resolution doesn't help. Anyways, my monitor's resolution is 1920 by 1080