Author Topic: Blockland (Not Responding) won't close!  (Read 804 times)

Earlier today I left Blockland running for about 30 minutes whilst I went to do other stuff. I figured that it would save re-loading the game and I just left my laptop open and running; closing it always crashes the game; and set to not go into standby.

I came back after ~30 minutes, clicked to get mouse control on the game again and it froze, and I got the usual "Blockland is not responding - Wait for the application to respond OR close the application - thing Windows 7 likes to present people with.

Usually if this happens it's a simple matter of closing the command prompt style window which runs in the background of Blockland or in extreme cases, using the task manager to kill the process entirely.

Neither of those have worked and currently it's been sitting there for about 6 hours whilst I've played other games including Blockland (new open), and now it won't go away. Attempting to log out just results in "Applications are waiting to close" remaining on screen indefinately and I can log-out.

Help?

Log-out = Log out of user profile on laptop

Shutting down/restart doesn't work either, and to be honest I'd rather not forcibly shut down by holding the power button.

Shutting down with the power button is fine, its just bad if you keep turning it off and on within seconds. I would say to move all non-default add-ons into another folder. Start up Blockland and then try to exit  the game like you normally do and see if it stops responding. If it does then just re-install I guess.

You can also try playing on a different user account and see what happens.

Search Task Manager in the start menu. Open the program and select the Processes tab. Scroll down until you see Blockland.exe. Highlight it and press End Process. Press Yes in the Warning window. Then:
Shutting down with the power button is fine, its just bad if you keep turning it off and on within seconds. I would say to move all non-default add-ons into another folder. Start up Blockland and then try to exit  the game like you normally do and see if it stops responding. If it does then just re-install I guess.

You can also try playing on a different user account and see what happens.

Run the following command in cmd.exe:

taskkill /F /IM Blockland.exe

Run the following command in cmd.exe:

taskkill /F /IM Blockland.exe
Much easier to do this.

Go to task manager, right-click on Blockland, select go to process, terminate the process. Always works.