Author Topic: Just when you thought that one KICKSTARTER girl NEVERMIND FALSE ALERT  (Read 3898 times)

I could personally do a game if someone gives me $100 for software, and I could handle the scripting, audio, graphics and story all by myself (Stencyl  :cookieMonster:), and I would do more than 1 game. (Serious bsns).

I mean seriously, 99.9% of Kickstarters are done by forgetheads. Why in the name of God would you need more than $400 for making a free game?

Sure, some might want professional software like Flash, Photoshop, Fl Studio etc. But still, wouldn't reach >$1500. And that's enough to get all those softwares AND a computer to use them on..

And I am only talking about games here.

Also:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964352341/shadowrun-online?ref=discover_pop

$500.000 for this?

HAHA NO forget OFF.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:29:37 AM by LeetZero »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anitasarkeesian/7619451560/
Guys, calm the forget down.
This is still partially a scam of course (she brought an ipad!), but she claims she brought all those video games for researching in the dumb documentary.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:34:02 AM by Aphtonites »

Her goal was only 6,000. All of the remaining $180K is money that she can use to do whatever she wants.

She used 6,000 to buy the games to play for her project about loveism in video games, obviously somebody got ahold of the picture of her stack of games and just put "THANKS FOR THE FREE stuff" on it to falsely label her.
I'm not saying she isn't spending the other stuff ton of money, but she isn't as guilty as you think because she is actually trying to do her goal.

loving lol, bitches got owned.

this is the person that won the king of the web thing and got 5000 dollars?

she's going to get what's coming to her.

lol whats what all the have nots say about the haves.
it means absolutely nothing

at the end of the day, she was smart and everyone else was stupid. thats how the world works.

I have no idea why people gave this project so much money, but I ask the same question about a lot of kickstarters.

She used 6,000 to buy the games to play for her project about loveism in video games, obviously somebody got ahold of the picture of her stack of games and just put "THANKS FOR THE FREE stuff" on it to falsely label her.
I'm not saying she isn't spending the other stuff ton of money, but she isn't as guilty as you think because she is actually trying to do her goal.
Plenty of those games have no female characters.

Plenty of those games have no female characters.
That is part of the loveism. :cookieMonster:

I am a man and I find gratuitous male objectification in video games offensive

(Duke Nukem is a prime example btw)

That is part of the loveism. :cookieMonster:
No it's not?

The point of a game is not to equally distribute every demographic into each character. The point of a game is to be a fun activity you can enjoy in your spare time.

Really not understanding this stuffstorm of people whining about women in video games or how there will be "justice" for a woman that successfully scammed hundreds.

I could go to kickstarter right now, make a simple project with the word 'a', and I'd be loving rich.

That's how dumb they are.