Crumbling Stage

Author Topic: Crumbling Stage  (Read 1133 times)

yes thats right, lets work on it

Progress
--------------------------------------------------
%4 finished - might pause cus of life

Old Topic
I gave up on this gamemode too quickly and too easily. It had been unfinished with nothing apart from some maps left on the topic itself. I am going to bring it all back to life, and it slowly begins, now. Period.

I have no efforts whatsoever in making this amazing and at one point, I may hand this poorly scripted script to a trustworthy member of the community who I know wont turn into a nasty forgeter and become evil towards the whole Blockland community.

The script I currently hold is something which is very very messy, has rubbish ways of working things out and right now when I am overlooking it, my eyes do not know where to focus because it's that bloody confusing.

The maps also 4 months ago was great. They all worked perfectly(ish)... Nah not really, I gave up last time because the community kept forgetting to put spawn points on the map and that confused me big time, giving me minimal motivation and slowly giving in and scrapping the project.

Another reason I gave up last time was because the players attracted to my server was minimal, and at that point, I wanted a server which I could host and make it become popular and well known, like Pecon's server. But we all know that'll take loads and loads of effort, and I know for a fact that will never happen.

Oh, also guys, this topic might lock if I suddenly loose all motivation or suddenly have loads of school work going on, considering these next two years are the most important years in High School.

I have little to no motivation in creating servers nowadays so do not be suprised if you do suddenly see this topic go down with the fishies. I've done it plenty of times before.

I'll keep this topic updated, and I'll make it look nicer as well when I have the time.

~nerraD
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:39:17 AM by nerraD »

I loved this server it was so fun!

First ;D

Wait,
aren't these servers the ones where you click a brick, and the brick falls?

Nope, it crumbles on the player touch.

Why are you remaking it if the cycle worked perfectly last time?

Why are you remaking it if the cycle worked perfectly last time?
Wasn't it like spaghetti code?

Wasn't it like spaghetti code?
Originally but he told me he fixed it up to work perfectly like a week before he stopped hosting it.

I need to figure out a more unique way of doing it, as a challenge for me that is.

Any ideas on how to improve this gamemode before I start fully coding on it in my spare time?

have 3 separate  levels so when you fall you go down to the second level then when you fall off the second you go to the 3rd level.

-everyone starts on first level