Author Topic: Jeep Loops: How big can they get?  (Read 1658 times)

So, jeep loops are great, and a lot of people don't seem to know how to do them, but that doesn't really matter. What I want to know, is how big can we make a jeep loop before the jeep can no longer make it around?

No gravity jeeps either, it can be infinite with those. In the recent weeks, I've made 3 different loops, scaling up in size and changing in design between each loop.

Fig I - From the "KFC Stunt Center" build.

This look is highly oval, and a pretty badly designed loop. Although it is one of the easiest I have tried.

Fig II - From the "Rotondo's Beta Stunt Center" build.

This loop copies the design style and spacing of Rotondo's/Retail beta stunt center, and has an unappealing design. Larger, and more difficult though.

Fig III - From the "Gigundo Loop" build.

This loop is huge. There is an angle of approach window of about 5 degrees you must be within, or you will fall off. By far the most difficult, but it works. Based on how it loops, I imagine loops could at least be a 1/3rd bigger before the jeep would fall off at upside down point.

So, how big can loops be before the default jeep cannot make it up and around?

P.S. I'm also hosting a server with the Gigundo Loop...

i'd refer to this old video about big loops
sure its unappealing but its huge
isnt that how most things work in the world

It looks like they made it around with a lot of extra speed to spare, but they also didn't do the characteristic loosing all control and kind of falling at the end, so I'm suspicious it might be the gravity jeep.

Maybe the ramp is the key part.

Ramps are definitely the key part for huge-ass loops. I thought the jeeps speed was limited by it's wheel speed, guess not.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:19:24 AM by Extrude »

I'm suspicious it might be the gravity jeep.
Hey, you're onto something

Well then that video is a load of buttpoop...

It was kind of weird when even at complete upside down, they weren't losing any speed. I bet they could of made it around with a steeper ramp, I'll have to try tomorrow.

It was kind of weird when even at complete upside down, they weren't losing any speed. I bet they could of made it around with a steeper ramp, I'll have to try tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure the speeding ramp just messes you up. There is a limit on how fast the jeep can go and you can reach that on level ground in about 4 seconds.

I remember a while ago I made a simple loop, duped it a whole bunch, then drove a stunt buggy through all like, 8+ loops. was fun

Loops are always fun, I remember Manty making some sweet loops on my server and we tried which cars could make it and which couldn't. Let me check if I have saves of it.

Turns out it might be a little too big for the jeep.

Here's a save, anyway:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7e7sj58qvjzuxv4/mantyloop1.bls
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:56:05 AM by Barnabas »

I made one that was bigger than yours up there, it works pretty well

Probably gravity jeep.

I bet the first two would could be considered "appealing" if they were given ramps on the outside of the loop like the last one.
I like the first design the best, it lets you gradually turn and do the loop. The other two seem to force you to make a sudden jerky turn at the top of the loop

In the video, it's the gravity jeep. If you look at 0:16-0:19 you can see him lean forward to go down the hill properly instead of flying.

That doesn't happen with the regular jeep.

Edit: who can read what the message says at 0:55 or 0:56?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:04:07 AM by KickFlow »

Loops are always fun, I remember Manty making some sweet loops on my server and we tried which cars could make it and which couldn't. Let me check if I have saves of it.

Turns out it might be a little too big for the jeep.

Here's a save, anyway:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7e7sj58qvjzuxv4/mantyloop1.bls
There may be an issue with the fact that you have to hit a speedbump, jump in to the air, and still retain speed enough to go around the loop... But besides that this is awesome.

The other two seem to force you to make a sudden jerky turn at the top of the loop

Also noticed this. Seems very strange to me.

That may be why it's very hard to complete the loop. Going to redesign it with a curved loop like the first design.