DONE FOREVER. MODERATOR PUT THIS IN THE FAIL BIN / Delete it!.

Poll

no

Gnope
0 (0%)
blno
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: DONE FOREVER. MODERATOR PUT THIS IN THE FAIL BIN / Delete it!.  (Read 20499 times)

What are we waiting for?
Yes this is the remote controller you've all been waiting for!
But I have yet to learn how to use the admin tools on it.

Jeep can I please have an admin account on it like pacnet because I'm the co-owner of the service?

Why don't you show us what it is?

Okay. Go to this site :

http://hosting.partner.blockstersocial.net/

The server program for this still is waiting to be installed tonight.

Wow, that's a mighty-fine login page.

What about the remote console, which we actually wanted to see?

Jeep told me not to say anything about remote console.

PROBABLY BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO IT LOL

ok that's done

• you have a redirect loop on the thing you linked us
  • [0]a broken link
  • and a link that ends a 404.
  • [0]your login doesn't do stuff
  • your password reset doesn't do stuff
  • [0]your click tracker doesn't work, instead delivering numerous errors to javascript console

your website sucks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:22:33 PM by Lugnut »

PROBABLY BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO IT LOL

ok that's done

• you have a redirect loop on the thing you linked us
  • [0]a broken link
  • and a link that ends a 404.
  • [0]your login doesn't do stuff
  • your password reset doesn't do stuff

your website sucks.
1. I can do it, but I'm not in any position to be spending a whole lot of more time on a non-js project.

2. Fixed!

3. Yep. That's the information page. As in, work in progress.

4. No loving stuff. You don't have an account. What did you expect it to do?

5. Password Reset is disabled.

6. My Click Tracker? I have brown townytic reading on it, but it works fine.

Yeah. It sucks because it sucks. It looks fine, works fine, and does what it's supposed to. You lost a lot of my respect with that post.

Edit: You said I have a broken link and a link that takes you to a 404? Isn't that the same thing? Don't answer that, because it is. You just wanted to put more bullets on your list so it looked like it was awful.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:31:36 PM by Jeep »

broken link - it linked to "javascript:" which isn't valid. <a href="javascript:"> javascript:#, yes. javascript:actualJavaScriptHere, yes. E: you removed this too. good job.
your form points to "<form method=post action>" and dies. it doesn't do anything.
password reset - remove it then E: - you did this
click tracker - fails to connect via ajax to their servers. that might've been just me. E: nope, still doing it. see attached image, port error thing is client sided, ignore it.

sucks because it sucks [ wtf does this even mean, you prove yourself wrong ]
looks fine [ CHECK ]
works fine [ except for what i pointed out CHECK ]
lost respect [ big loving deal. ]
Edit: You said I have a broken link and a link that takes you to a 404? Isn't that the same thing? Don't answer that, because it is. You just wanted to put more bullets on your list so it looked like it was awful.
Broken link - <a href='loliforgeteditupthCIAntreal'>LINK</a>
click this - ah damn it broke. (no 404 or error code, it just flat out doesn't work)
404 link - <a href='thislinkstoarealwebpagethatdo esntexist.html'>BLAH</a>
click this - ah damn, the webpage doesn't exist (404 reported.)

very different. broken links fail at syntax or direction, 404 links point to a valid resource that does not exist.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:42:33 PM by Lugnut »

broken link - it linked to "javascript:" which isn't valid. javascript:#, yes. javascript:actualJavaScriptHere, yes.
your form points to "<form method=post action>" and dies. it doesn't do anything.
password reset - remove it then - you did this
click tracker - fails to connect via ajax to their servers. that might've been just me.

sucks because it sucks [ wtf does this even mean, you prove yourself wrong ]
looks fine [ CHECK ]
works fine [ except for what i pointed out CHECK ]
lost respect [ big loving deal. ]

Broken Link: It was a flook. I originally intended for that to be a drop-down. If I had items under it, it would have dropped. But it didn't, so it just said javascript: - That was valid, as that's how the script was setup.

Form: Do you actually know what you're talking about? I tried the form with a fake login and it responded perfectly. The method is set to post, so when the C# script embedded see's that it is a post (ifPost), it will do it's work.

Click Tracker: Doesn't seem to have a problem. It's doing its job.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:46:03 PM by Jeep »

Broken Link: It was a flook. I originally intended for that to be a drop-down. If I had items under it, it would have dropped. But it didn't, so it just said javascript: - That was valid, as that's how the script was setup.
okay. that's good. why is it a link instead of onMouseOver or something similar?
Form: Do you actually know what you're talking about? I tried the form with a fake login and it responded perfectly.
not when it doesn't point to an action it doesn't E: unless this points to redirect to the same page? i was never made aware of this.
Click Tracker: Doesn't seem to have a problem. It's doing its job.
very well then.

He's running a webserver in C#?

This is bound for disaster.

What are we waiting for?
Oops I typed Wait instead of What

why is it a link instead of onMouseOver or something similar?
It would have to be a link either way, even if it were utilizing an onMouseOver event. If put the JS code into the anchor tag, I would have made the href attribute #, but it would have redirected them to the top of the page.

not when it doesn't point to an action it doesn't E: unless this points to redirect to the same page? i was never made aware of this.
It doesn't need an action. The action is defined in the C#, and was therefore left blank on the form.

The C# uses an ifPost statement, which does a redirect if the login is valid, or renders a message if it's not.