Author Topic: BombSquad - Save the City (v2.0)  (Read 13655 times)

BombSquad
By: Jeep

Description:
Welcome to BombSquad! The point of BombSquad is to collect enough wires within 5 minutes, and return them to the bomb before it explodes. You start in ACM City Church. Here, you and your friends have to scavenge the city looking for wires to deactivate the bomb located in the Church. After 5 minutes, if 30 wires have been deposited back into the bomb, you have saved the City from the attack. Anything less than 30 wires, and you're doomed to destruction.

Wires

Dud Wires
Dud Wires are likely to be just as frequent as Normal Wires. When you click on a Dud, you'll receive a message saying that this wire is a dud. Duds do not count as anything, and they are scattered.

Rogue Wires
Rogue Wires act and appear as normal wires. However, the only difference is that they don't disappear when clicked, and they steal one of your normal wires. Though rare, they can cost you the game.

Normal Wires
Normal Wires are 1x1 black plates that have been scattered across the city. They can be literally anywhere. Some may be laying on the sidewalk, while some may be under a table. When you click a Normal Wire, you should return it back to the bomb as soon as you have about 5 or 10.

Realism
For realism, you can't see how much time is left on the bomb until you go back to the church and click it. You also might be faced with a situation (rarely, but possible) where the number of Dud Wires outnumbers Normal Wires, so it would be impossible to save the city. However, you won't know until the final second. I also implemented the Day / Night Cycle, so it can be VERY tricky to see the black wires in certain areas.

How to Use
When you spawn, you'll be in the church. The mini-game can remain in the lobby forever. Once a player clicks the blue barrier on the door, users will be able to leave, and can start searching. To deposit a wire, go back to the church and click on the center 2x2 plate (it's blinking). To see how much time is left, click on the brick next to it (2x1 plate).

Tips & Tricks
Look anywhere for the wires. They can literally be in any place possible. I was very sneaky when I hid them. Please note that they are random, and what was a normal wire, could end up being a rogue or dud wire later on.

Bugs
--

Comments
All bugs have been fixed in this version, including events limit.

Screenshots

Downloads
BombSquad
VCE Events (required)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:14:12 PM by Jeep »

Update 1.4
  • Fixed Too Many Events Bug

Bug: Blue Door says "To many events at once". and we got success without doing anything...

Update 1.5
  • Reset Glitch fixed.
  • Removed server.cs
  • Message Color Fix.

Bug: Blue Door says "To many events at once". and we got success without doing anything...
You're still using an old version then. Re-Download the newest fix.

Allright! I like to try play this.

Blue Door says "To many events at once" I hate too much events! you need make it less events. I did test it. My server won't let me add more $Pref::Server::Quota::Schedules 9999. I have talk to kalphiter about this.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:36:48 PM by Cubelands »

Blue Door says "To many events at once" I hate too much events! you need make it less events. I did test it.
I did exactly what Badspot said to do though. There's no reason it shouldn't work.

Edit: I tested it, and it worked 100%.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:38:20 PM by Jeep »

Downloaded the new update and still no luck :(

There's no reason why this shouldn't be working. Let me toy around with it, but I did exactly what Badspot had said. A quick-fix is to change your settings on the start menu until I can get to the bottom of this.

Minor Update 1.55
  • Tweaked Quota Settings.

Try it now. I dropped my settings down to 10, so it wouldn't otherwise work. Then I tweaked the gamemode file, and it worked. Let me know your results.

Minor Update 1.55
  • Tweaked Quota Settings.

Try it now. I dropped my settings down to 10, so it wouldn't otherwise work. Then I tweaked the gamemode file, and it worked. Let me know your results.
1000 is the max.

If I set it to 9999, it will default to 1000.

If I set it to 9999, it will default to 1000.
right, it happened at kalphiter's serivce server. that what I am using it right now.