Author Topic: How to change map values through script  (Read 545 times)

I tried tracing, found a number of possible functions. There are so many, and the ones I saw were all specific to the specific pref. I did find serverCmdEnvGui_SetVar(%client,%name,%value), which works exactly as I would like, but it requires a client and I would prefer a way that I don't need to make a fake client.

Depends on what you want to do
The stuff is directly done in the servercmd so you have to do the stuff manually

Depends on what you want to do
The stuff is directly done in the servercmd so you have to do the stuff manually
Not helpful and unclear

Not helpful and unclear
Like if you want to move the water plane you have to waterplane.settransform(blah);waterplane.sendupdate();

And if you do want to change the sun position you have to use some other functions

There is no function that can do all, except the servercmd

Somebody compile a list of all non servercmd environment related functions.

there aren't any besides directly affecting it like in molds post with ::setTransform and ::sendUpdate

Does this answer your question?

You can look in the source of that, otherwise idk.

Does this answer your question?

You can look in the source of that, otherwise idk.
It works with serverCmdEnvGui_SetVar and a fake client, which is what he said he'd prefer not to.
Honestly though I'd just do that, making a fake client is very easy, and it works without any problems I've found so far

It works with serverCmdEnvGui_SetVar and a fake client, which is what he said he'd prefer not to.
Honestly though I'd just do that, making a fake client is very easy, and it works without any problems I've found so far
Yea I figured I would have to use a fake client for one thing or another, might as well use ID 888888 for it because it's there

I didn't even give it an ID.
I just made an AIConnection and set isAdmin and isSuperAdmin

I didn't even give it an ID.
I just made an AIConnection and set isAdmin and isSuperAdmin
I know, it's just for funsies