Author Topic: GenaralSkar's Gamemodes - NEW: The Floor Is Lava  (Read 11086 times)

I take credit for hosting the first "The Floor Is Lava" Server in Blockland history  :cookieMonster:

Eventing the Flood! gamemode would be a lot easier if you could check a variable of a named brick with the VCE_ifVariable thing.

The Floor is Lava is so simple, yet so genius :o

I remember Hot Lava on playgrounds when I was a kid x3

It would be neat if you could make it so for the floor is lava it switches maps every round, like the Rampage gamemode.

It would be neat if you could make it so for the floor is lava it switches maps every round, like the Rampage gamemode.
I might if I figure out how that works.

look at the script. it should help

For the floor is lava you should make a living room and the furniture will be fake killed after awhile and it is basically last man standing.And the furniture is close so they can jump to one when they need it.

Also if you like that idea (^) I can build and event for you.

The floor is lava?! Quick, jump on the couch!

GeneralSkar, long time ago when i was faced with the random spawns in afghan, I just killed my self an infinite

number of times until I spawned out of the map/ or not on a spawnpoint.

Use this next time when doing something like the ''The Floor Is Lava'' again.

GeneralSkar, long time ago when i was faced with the random spawns in afghan, I just killed my self an infinite

number of times until I spawned out of the map/ or not on a spawnpoint.

Use this next time when doing something like the ''The Floor Is Lava'' again.
If you mean getting rid of the spawns, I killed myself and got rid of all the spawns that were touching the lava. I did it for a while so I'm pretty sure I got rid of them all.

For the floor is lava you should make a living room and the furniture will be fake killed after awhile and it is basically last man standing.And the furniture is close so they can jump to one when they need it.
I might do something like this. Thanks for the idea.

Also, I've given up on the flood gamemode for now.

I made my own Sumo edition with a gravitational field around the middle platform, so if you fell off in a certain way, you might fly around to the other side.

I have a way of finding all of the spawns under the lava that doesn't include killing yourself a bunch.

It involves editing save files though, so... keep a backup I guess.

All you have to do is load the save file and place a plate brick just below the surface of the lava.
Give that brick an emitter that is used no where else in the map.  Something like... the wand emitter maybe.

Then save the bricks.
Open the save file with a text editor such as notepad.
Ctrl+F to look for that special emitter.
Just above the "+-EMITTER" line is the plate that you placed earlier.

Right after the #x#F" line there should be three numbers.
I shall show an example using letters.

1x1F" #A #B #C

You want to look at number C.
Copy that number down.

Then simply Ctrl + F again and this time look for "Spawn Point"

Once you find a line with those words in it look for the 3rd number just like before.  If the number is less than the number you copied down earlier, delete the line.

But wait!  You may have noticed near the top of the save file a line that goes something like this, "Linecount 14091"

You'll want to change that.  So keep a count of how many lines you delete, and subtract that number from the linecount total.

And that's it.  Hopefully, if by the time you're finished you didn't screw anything else up, the save file will work ingame, and all of the spawnpoints below a certain level will have been removed.

Keep in mind I have not tested this yet.  I have to go to work soon and do not have nearly enough time to test it.

Eventing the Flood! gamemode would be a lot easier if you could check a variable of a named brick with the VCE_ifVariable thing.
But you can.

OnWhatever -> Self -> Vce_ifValue: <var:nb_nameGoesHere:varibleNameGoesHere>
OnVaribleTrue -> do other stuff here