Author Topic: Bedroom skybox (carpet ground recommended!)  (Read 9952 times)

Description
Kompressor thought he was rid of it, but little did he know, he only flattened it!

Basically it's a skybox with Bedroom's wall, wood and ceiling textures and with the same exact lighting (matching direct lighting included)

Download from Mediafire

Screenshots

On a side note: I tried uploading this to RTB, but it wouldn't let me because it said that Bedroom.dml and Bedroom-thumb were missing from the .zip, but i double checked the archive file and they're both there, so i don't know what it's on about :(
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:22:16 PM by Masterlegodude »

I will be doing proper Bedroom skyboxes as soon as I can: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=185038.0
And I will overwrite this add-on's name without a second thought.

And I will overwrite this add-on's name without a second thought.
why..?

why..?
Because I refuse to give space for something like this. His skybox is not "Bedroom". It's a few textures that remind the style of Bedroom. My Bedroom skybox is exactly Bedroom. No change.

Fair enough, although slightly harsh. Whens it being released?

Fair enough, although slightly harsh. Whens it being released?
Well since it appears that RTB DLM is still being fixed and I can't release anything until it is. I'm trying to finish it as soon as I can and release on RTB when it's fixed.

Because I refuse to give space for something like this. His skybox is not "Bedroom". It's a few textures that remind the style of Bedroom. My Bedroom skybox is exactly Bedroom. No change.
That's really a richard move, though, destroying someone else's addon since you think your addon deserves the name more.

if everything goes as planned for him it would deserve the name more, I honestly find this skybox to be unsatisfying

That's really a richard move, though, destroying someone else's addon since you think your addon deserves the name more.
Indeed but I wouldn't do it if this was a skybox of the Bedroom. It isn't. It's just some flat textures.

Indeed but I wouldn't do it if this was a skybox of the Bedroom. It isn't. It's just some flat textures.
or you could name it Fixed Bedroom Skybox instead of being a richard ;p
he thought of the idea originally so it'd be harsh to take some sort of full credit for it.

EDIT:
The maps are going to conflict anyway, so you're basically screwing up other players' gaming experience and overwriting a map would probably get it failed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:21:19 AM by Scrub »

I wonder, what would happen if someone join a server with Demian's bedroom if they had mine? Does theirs get overwritten with Demian's or are they just unable to connect due to files being differently named or something?

I think for the best, you should just name it something like 'Sky_DemianBedroom' since no one is gonna be seeing the name in game anyway, just the textures

Does theirs get overwritten with Demian's or are they just unable to connect due to files being differently named or something?
If I remember correctly they would be unable to connect due to the files not matching. I'll look into the naming when it comes to it. I'll probably go with Sky_BedroomReal or something. I'm currently having some unexpected technical difficulties rendering the skybox
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:36:13 AM by Demian »