Author Topic: Kade's Rookie Problems!  (Read 1507 times)

Kade's Rookie Problems
This topic is where i'll post all the problems i have on my first few mods.
Basically, i got tired of whining at the 3D model topic and realized we have this forum for a reason.

#1. I need some tutorials on Torquescript. i really need to learn to do that.

My new weapon appears on RTB, but not in the addon list for the "custom" gamemode, meaning i can't enable it. i don't know if it's something i need to put in the zip folder, or what it was that i did wrong. help! :c

If i have more problems, i'll post them here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:36:36 PM by KadeBL_ID12958 »

My new weapon appears on RTB, but not in the addon list for the "custom" gamemode, meaning i can't enable it. i don't know if it's something i need to put in the zip folder, or what it was that i did wrong. help! :c
Send me the file and I'll look at it.

ok, and please tell me what i did wrong so i can not do it again :)

ok, and please tell me what i did wrong so i can not do it again :)
I stuck a blank server.cs in there and it appeared in the list no problem : /

Does the model work ingame? or should i just test that? also how do you make .cs files

EDIT: HOLY TITSNACKS it works :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:07:22 PM by KadeBL_ID12958 »

New problem! it shows up in the list AND rtb, but it's not in the ingame list. ???

New problem! it shows up in the list AND rtb, but it's not in the ingame list. ???
That's because a model only works in game if its scripted.

You must either learn to script or get someone to script it for you.

wait so how'd you get my turnip to show? also i'm going to try to learn how to script. i just need links to the good tutorials

on what he said, a good reference for scripting would probably be on the toque website. be sure to experiment with stuff as well. use that and try scripting it or it will not work.

you can basically learn anything involving coding on youtube. in my opinion, video is better at teaching than text.

I can talk you through modeling correctly, and if you think that the model is working, then I can help you get the Add-On to appear off the RTB list. Just give me details on what is in the .zip file and what you modelled with.