Author Topic: Deathmatch with vote-based map cycle  (Read 7328 times)

When the gamemode starts a random build is loaded from the pool. Then, after either a time limit or a score limit is met a vote is triggered, in which people can vote for a new map from a random subset of the pool. After the vote is over the map is cleared and the new build is loaded (and everyone respawns), after which the fight continues.

DOWNLOAD
GitHub
Issue Tracker (aka todo-list)

Adding custom builds to the rotation pool
To add a new build to the rotation pool, you should make a file in config/server/deathmatch/builds called with the file extension .dm. It can contain the following contents:
NameDescriptionAllowed valuesExampleRequiredRepeatable
addonRequire an add-on, similar to the ADDON statement in gamemode manifestsAdd-on namesWeapon_GunNoYes
buildDefines what build to loadPaths to save filessaves/ACM City.blsYesNo
toolDefines a tool to be set on spawn with the selected buildTool index (zero-indexed) followed by the name of a datablock of a tool/weapon (not the uiName)0 GunItemNoOnce for each tool index
playertypeThe player type for people to spawn asThe name of a datablock of a playertypePlayerNoJetNoNo
environmentThe environment file to be used with this buildAn environment as exported by saveEnvironment(%path);.config/server/deathmatch/environments/Beta_City.txtNoNo

Example file (note how the Add-On is always loaded before it's used):
Code: [Select]
build saves/ACM City.bls
addon Player_No_Jet
playertype PlayerNoJet
addon Weapon_Gun
tool 0 GunItem

Is there a server running this so I can see it in action?
Yes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:59:34 PM by DontCare4Free »

Intelligent way of adding custom builds to the map cycle.

Intelligent way of adding custom builds to the map cycle.
Thank you.

Anyway, would being able to set a build-specific environment be an appreciated feature?

Uploaded a new version where the default maps should actually be copied properly.

Off topic: Nice avatar.

On topic: Very good idea of how to add in custom builds and things to the cycle.

Yet another new version, this time because of r1701 breaking packaging forceRequiredAddOn.

EDIT: Whoops, made a typo, if you redownloaded before the last time this post was edited, please redownload again.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:48:54 AM by DontCare4Free »

Why is no one else posting?

Bah.

Apparently i need to download "Server_Permissions"
Can someone give me a download link?

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=183842.0
Thanks.
Also im hosting a server with this gamemode on. I only changed some saves to add spawns and put different weapons in.

EDIT: Spawns are broken, changing script.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:13:42 AM by K3k0m@n »

EDIT: Spawns are broken, changing script.
Uploaded a fixed version, try now.

Added 6 more maps and fixed the beta city glitch.

cannot even test it because don't want that dumb permissions thing.