Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2434047 times)

I used to own a strange flaregun but traded it in for some expensive hats and a strange detonator

jesus forget does the flarejump need a buff
you can only go like 30 inches vertical at the cost of like 1/5 your health
Detonator was much more fun in the beta

used to be a rocket jump :D

Pyros are already op, detonator doesn't really need a buff. The main reason people think it should have a buff is because it would be much more fun/useful. Like I said though, pyro is already overpowered, especially if it can show up in places where it shouldn't be, AKA rocket jumping. Besides, if you want to jump for fun, you can already do it better with soldier/demo (much quicker firing time)

used to be a rocket jump :D
Detonator was much more fun in the beta
exactly

the detonator is basically the bonesaw of the flareguns now (the amputator is a straight upgrade)
I mean srsly:
you deal mini crits rather than crits to already burning targets
you can only jump 30 inches
it takes away too much loving health
the detonation is misleading as hell

0/10 would not recommend

Pyros are already op, detonator doesn't really need a buff. The main reason people think it should have a buff is because it would be much more fun/useful. Like I said though, pyro is already overpowered, especially if it can show up in places where it shouldn't be, AKA rocket jumping. Besides, if you want to jump for fun, you can already do it better with soldier/demo (much quicker firing time)
pyro is built for ambushing, so what better way than to travel to higher locations where it can assault better from?

exactly

the detonator is basically the bonesaw of the flareguns now (the amputator is a straight upgrade)
I mean srsly:
you deal mini crits rather than crits to already burning targets
you can only jump 30 inches
it takes away too much loving health
the detonation is misleading as hell

0/10 would not recommend
pyro is built for ambushing, so what better way than to travel to higher locations where it can assault better from?
My point is that it's already too easy to ambush as a pyro. You wouldn't give a spy a way to jump with explosives, would you? Same concept here

My point is that it's already too easy to ambush as a pyro. You wouldn't give a spy a way to jump with explosives, would you? Same concept here

Ability to ambush is really dependent on the map, innit?

Ability to ambush is really dependent on the map, innit?
Yes

Yes

So

This really doesn't have much weight then, does it?

My point is that it's already too easy to ambush as a pyro.
it's map dependent

You wouldn't give a spy a way to jump with explosives, would you?
that makes no sense. comparing the two different playstyles is possibly the worst thing you can do. I mean, giving the spy the ability to evade death seems pretty loving overpowered too, huh? the only class that can consistently and instantly kill any class in the game can also feign death?! OMFG VALVE, NERF PLS!!!!

Same concept here
sticking the same issue on two cows doesn't make them similar. the spy doesn't need explosives jumping, he needs more covert and hidden skills (ie invis watch, dead ringer) while the pyro is more abrasive and ambushy, making explosives jumping actually in his criteria

So

This really doesn't have much weight then, does it?
So you would rather have it become less map dependent? Allow the pyro to jump anywhere he pleases, instead of just a couple useful places?

@jairo
You're too excitable. I'd like to keep this as a reasonable discussion, because it's more productive that way. No need to let your bias against me make it spiral out of control.
Anyway, while the spy is obviously a more extreme example of what the pyro-detonator situation is, the comparison is still obvious enough to illustrate my point. A degreaser-axt pyro can still onehit 7/9 classes, and has way more "after-surprise" firepower.
Also, if we're going to compare realism and what makes sense for classes (I certainly do agree with the following):
the spy doesn't need explosives jumping, he needs more covert and hidden skills (ie invis watch, dead ringer) while the pyro is more abrasive and ambushy, making explosives jumping actually in his criteria
You're asking a flare gun to act more like a rocket or stickybomb launcher. It's just a flare gun, there's only so much power it can realistically contain.

realistically contain.
Because I'm so concerned with realism in a game where i once hit a man in the face with a grenade in the middle ages and then went to a haunted battlefield with a giant floating eye that can spit rockets.

Because I'm so concerned with realism in a game where i once hit a man in the face with a grenade in the middle ages and then went to a haunted battlefield with a giant floating eye that can spit rockets.
Yes, I knew someone would say something like this. Hence:
Also, if we're going to compare realism and what makes sense for classes

It's just a flare gun, there's only so much power it can realistically contain.
yes, because a game where teleporters, instantly healing medi guns, and invisibility is 100% where realism is involved

my point is that the pyro already has an explosive jumping capable weapon, although the skill is so stuffty that it shouldn't even have been added
valve wouldn't have added the detonator if it weren't for the explosive jumping ability (the mini crit only reduction isn't helpful and the detonation is just an unreliable gimmick), although they butchered the damn thing so hard they might as well not have put it in in the first place

my main main point is that valve should buff the jump a bit to make it so it isn't just a 1.25 jump height boost at the cost of 1/5 your life

yes, because a game where teleporters, instantly healing medi guns, and invisibility is 100% where realism is involved
yes yes i've already covered that
my point is that the pyro already has an explosive jumping capable weapon, although the skill is so stuffty that it shouldn't even have been added
valve wouldn't have added the detonator if it weren't for the explosive jumping ability (the mini crit only reduction isn't helpful and the detonation is just an unreliable gimmick), although they butchered the damn thing so hard they might as well not have put it in in the first place
This, I agree with. I'm sure it does have a few uses, but I personally don't know them