Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2472885 times)

i just got my first hat drop 🙏🙏🙏🙏
i got a scout shako

i just got my first hat drop 🙏🙏🙏🙏
i got a scout shako
i'll buy it for 2 ref

smissmas jumper for pyro :D

i decided to start playing the game again since a few months ago
holy stuff it's hard to get used to the new voice codec

the what
i haven't played it months, what did they change about voice chat

the what
i haven't played it months, what did they change about voice chat
i played like a week ago i dont know what hes talking about

I think he's referring to the voice chat, but did Valve do anything to that at all?

Apparently so
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Voice_chat#Update_history

the voice chat is so smooth now, people with good mics actually sound like they have good mics now

the voice chat is so smooth now, people with good mics actually sound like they have good mics now
It sounds like Skype or Discord quality?

Do the voices still echo depending on your environment?

i meant the voice quality, due to it moving to CELT
instead of 11025, it's now 22050
plus it seems like the environments no longer affect the voice chat, but i don't really know because one server that i go to has a tf2 warioware gamemode and it affects voice chat every time it speeds up (i think)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:13:48 PM by SpongeCraft1212 »

instead of 11025, it's now 22050
Need moar 44100Hz

plus it seems like the environments no longer affect the voice chat, but i don't really know because one server that i go to has a tf2 warioware gamemode and it affects voice chat every time it speeds up (i think)
I hope that it was just the map that caused the voice chat to not be affected by the environment, that's one of my favorite things about the Source Engine :(

It sounds like Skype or Discord quality?

Do the voices still echo depending on your environment?
its like discord quality

also, i think there are still voice chat effects? they still get muffled when you're inside of water but im not sure if the rest of the effects have survived

also, i think there are still voice chat effects? they still get muffled when you're inside of water but im not sure if the rest of the effects have survived

Rest of effects? The only one I've heard is clientside muffling when you enter water.

Rest of effects? The only one I've heard is clientside muffling when you enter water.
The voice chat will echo to varying degrees when indoors but is more clear outdoors

It's like how the game sounds are affected by your current environment, but it also affects the voice chat

guys pls don8 me hats
gibus and pyrovision greatly welcomed
make me gr8 again