Author Topic: Steam Greenlight is going to be coming out soon...  (Read 1587 times)

I agree with kalphiter on this one

wait why the hell is kalphiter on my phone's autocorrect

Why?

Why?
Because running blockland through steam will be incredibly alkward, it will be a pain in the ass to install/readily edit addons, etc.

Because running blockland through steam will be incredibly alkward, it will be a pain in the ass to install/readily edit addons, etc.
Why would that be? It would just run through the Blockland launcher as usual, the only difference being that all the Blockland files currently held in your Documents will be in Steam\Steamapps\Blockland.

Why would that be? It would just run through the Blockland launcher as usual, the only difference being that all the Blockland files currently held in your Documents will be in Steam\Steamapps\Blockland.

I doubt you would be forced to run it through steam anyways.

Most things are forced to run through Steam, even if they originate 'Off-Steam'.

Blockland already runs all of it's Add-ons through the Documents folder so nothing would change at all with installing Add-ons.
Most things are forced to run through Steam, even if they originate 'Off-Steam'.
"Most" it's a very key word a lot of games that aren't purely on Steam can be run through the files.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:27:08 PM by Soukuw »

I doubt you would be forced to run it through steam anyways.
On steam ??? You would.

On steam ??? You would.

Define run through steam? You could just make a shortcut from the application in the folder to desktop.

Why are you people so averse to having more people playing the game? The only bad part about this is steam overlay being shift+tab by default

Would we just use our keys we own already by putting them into the system?

It seems, difficult in the purchasing manner of the game.

You'd have to just purchase a key but this does render possible problems with how that would work.

I'm probably just being dumb.

Would we just use our keys we own already by putting them into the system?

It seems, difficult in the purchasing manner of the game.

You'd have to just purchase a key but this does render possible problems with how that would work.

I'm probably just being dumb.

A lot of steam games have keys. The simple way for most of them is that when you buy the game, steam notifies you of your key and gives you it when the game requires it to be typed in. Its also saved in your account information for that game.

This is false too, as files easily could remain in my documents. There are multiple games already on steam that have file folders in my documents. GTA 4 and its episodes along with the Fallout Series are good examples.

It really would not be that hard to put on steam, but I am not sure I would necessarily like it on their either.

Why are you people so averse to having more people playing the game? The only bad part about this is steam overlay being shift+tab by default

Yeah but like you said it's default. I run bl through steam already personally.