Brick Selector Escape/X Always Selects Bricks - by Adam487 and MegaScience

Author Topic: Brick Selector Escape/X Always Selects Bricks - by Adam487 and MegaScience  (Read 2425 times)

This simple modification makes pressing Escape or the X close button always 'BuyBricks.' This means you can close the window any way you're used to closing it and not have to worry you canceled selecting your bricks. The modification amends to default commands in an attempt to be future-active. There is a console command provided should you wish to disable this effect: toggleBSDFix();

Thanks to Adam487 for giving me direction, showing me where to change, looking over my code, etc. Also thanks to "M" for publicly releasing libstr.cs. (I would link the topic and correct the name, but my internet is being strange as hell at the moment.)

Download

Oh nice, I hate having to press done.

Just a note to anyone downloading this, this might have compatibility problems with TMBI.  You can just hit enter to buy bricks in TMBI though.

Just a note to anyone downloading this, this might have compatibility problems with TMBI.  You can just hit enter to buy bricks in TMBI though.

what a nice advertisement

All this does is amend the Buy Bricks command (which runs if you click Done or press B to close the GUI) to the close commands for the GUI, making any way of closing the GUI do the command. Could you link your mod and point me to where in the code this could conflict?

In any case, I did put a toggle in there. I didn't want to jam a checkbox for it into the GUI and cause some incompatibility/overlapping problems. I wanted to put the checkbox in the Advanced Options, but that would probably get failed for being too easy to cause problems.

what a nice advertisement
What.

Hes giving a note to TMBI users, not telling people to download it.

All this does is amend the Buy Bricks command (which runs if you click Done or press B to close the GUI) to the close commands for the GUI, making any way of closing the GUI do the command. Could you link your mod and point me to where in the code this could conflict?

In any case, I did put a toggle in there. I didn't want to jam a checkbox for it into the GUI and cause some incompatibility/overlapping problems. I wanted to put the checkbox in the Advanced Options, but that would probably get failed for being too easy to cause problems.

Well TMBI does a complete overwrite for the buy bricks command and the brick selector closing commands, so that's kinda why I figured there may be an issue

Well TMBI does a complete overwrite for the buy bricks command and the brick selector closing commands, so that's kinda why I figured there may be an issue
Aw, I just downloaded it too.

What.

Hes giving a note to TMBI users, not telling people to download it.

Then he should do it in his thread.

It's like saying "hey just wanted to let you know my colorset isn't compatible with yours. but mine has more reds."

Then he should do it in his thread.

It's like saying "hey just wanted to let you know my colorset isn't compatible with yours. but mine has more reds."

except it does have more reds, and none of those dumb brownscale things

Is a link to whatever the forget "TMBI" coming or no? Furthermore, you really shouldn't overhaul essential commands to begin with in the way stated. Another reason I would need to see exactly what you are doing which should not be effected by what I'm doing.

Is a link to whatever the forget "TMBI" coming or no? Furthermore, you really shouldn't overhaul essential commands to begin with in the way stated. Another reason I would need to see exactly what you are doing which should not be effected by what I'm doing.

A link would probably just twist port's and alteration's nipples even more so.  You don't need to worry about fixing anything, i mostly just didn't want people complaining that stuff doesn't work.

I looked it up since no one was even telling me what TMBI means. Your thing looks pretty hacky... Is it even using the original GUI? I don't see how this would conflict with that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:30:23 PM by MegaScientifical »