Skylands Day Cycle (by Audax)

Author Topic: Skylands Day Cycle (by Audax)  (Read 6784 times)

Skylands Day Cycle (v1)
Custom day cycle to match the lighting of the Skylands.

Description
It's the default day cycle but the colors have been darkened. It isn't as bright and at midday the lighting matches the Skylands' lighting.

In my opinion I thought the default day cycle was too bright, and I always found the Skylands lighting to be perfect. Basically what I did was divide all the settings at each fraction by a certain divisor so all the colors would stay the same, but the brightness was lowered.

Special thanks to my buddy Lugnut for whipping up a math script to divide all 234 values by the divisor!

Screenshots

Installation
Put DayCycle_Skylands.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Download
DayCycle_Skylands.zip
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:37:14 AM by Awdax »

I'll definitely be using this as I think the default day/night is way too bright also.

I would like if people could make a video or a gif to show what it looks like.

Well I'll have to install FRAPs again; I'll make a quick .gif and put it in the OP after work. It won't display the shadows though since I have version 2 of GLSL. But the colors and everything will be showcased.

EDIT: Added screenshot preview and video preview.

EDIT 2: Updated picture and video with a better preview; includes shadows.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:38:49 PM by Awdax »

Is the day-cycle really as fast as it is in the video? Or is the videos sped up?

Is the day-cycle really as fast as it is in the video? Or is the videos sped up?
You can adjust the speed of the day cycle.

I sped it up. I assumed nobody wanted to watch a five minute video of nothing. It's just to showcase the transition between everything and how bright/darker everything is.

I sped it up. I assumed nobody wanted to watch a five minute video of nothing. It's just to showcase the transition between everything and how bright/darker everything is.

Alright, cool.

You've got my download. :)

I hope we will be able to make moving clouds soon

I hope we will be able to make moving clouds soon
btw, your 999th post.

nice environment, may use it sometime

Son of a bitch. How did I not notice that? Thanks.

Also, I'm going to be making some changes to this soon. I was lazy and used one divisor for every value. You can tell by how the fog color doesn't match the Skyland's fog color. Going to recalculate everything later and upload v2.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:38:33 AM by Awdax »