Author Topic: Organization of the Load Bricks GUI is ruined.  (Read 2587 times)

would something that looks kinda like this be okay?

Since the GUI already exists, I could get this working pretty quick unless people would like something better
That is not kid-friendly enough.

I'll make one, I plan on making a few client-sided improvements.

That is not kid-friendly enough.
Kid?

Why does it need to be kid friendly, if most kids can't even buy Blockland because their parents are afraid of internet fraud and stolen credit card info.

I would like to separate my builds from the default builds.

I would like to separate my builds from the default builds.
I would separate my builds into different categories.

get out

Anyway this is much needed
He wasn't being hostile, why the bad blood?

He wasn't being hostile, why the bad blood?
he was being ignorant, and in my mind that's just as bad.

Kid?

Why does it need to be kid friendly, if most kids can't even buy Blockland because their parents are afraid of internet fraud and stolen credit card info.
I think he means "not very user friendly"

I think he means "not very user friendly"

I think it is pretty user friendly if you understand what the buttons do.

Maybe not kid friendly because it doesn't look as polished

I'm not 100% sure what "up" and "open" do.

I'm not 100% sure what "up" and "open" do.

Open will open a folder you have selected if you don't feel like double clicking it on the list.  Up goes up one folder level, for example if you are in the add-ons folder, pressing up will bring up to the Blockland folder.

Open will open a folder you have selected if you don't feel like double clicking it on the list.  Up goes up one folder level, for example if you are in the add-ons folder, pressing up will bring up to the Blockland folder.

Why don't you just use "Back"

Why don't you just use "Back"

Back indicates that it returns to the previous folder location, which may or may not be the folder one level up.  If you open the GUI to the saves folder and want to get to the blockland folder, it would be a simple click to go up one level.  That is something I dislike about windows explorer.  You cant get to a heirarchy above the initial location that the window opens to without a button specifically bound to that folder.  Up is much more useful.

Back indicates that it returns to the previous folder location, which may or may not be the folder one level up.  If you open the GUI to the saves folder and want to get to the blockland folder, it would be a simple click to go up one level.  That is something I dislike about windows explorer.  You cant get to a heirarchy above the initial location that the window opens to without a button specifically bound to that folder.  Up is much more useful.

I mean why don't you call it "back". I dunno, I'm just stupid and think that everybody gets to somewhere folder by folder.

I mean why don't you call it "back". I dunno, I'm just stupid and think that everybody gets to somewhere folder by folder.

Up means it always goes one directory up, regardless of where you were before
Back means it returns to where you were last
They are two different things and really are not interchangable
If you just go folder by folder, they do the same thing until you try to go up from the place you started, at which point back is not helpful (not to mention that you need to store memory for every single directory you have been for the back feature to work)
Up is both simpler and more effective