Author Topic: 2012/08/22 - Blockland r1711  (Read 25019 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
List of changes since r1701:

• Shadowing method changed from variance shadow maps to regular cascading shadow maps.  Significant speed improvement at higher shadow map sizes.
  • Added blending between near/far shadow maps
  • Very High/Max shader settings added to options dialog
  • Dynamic object shadows are no longer rendered in furthest shadow map in low detail shadows - decent speed improvement
  • Fixed miscelaneous non-shadow-casting objects being rendered during shadow pass
  • Fixed sunflare not fading out fully as you turn away in 3rd person
  • Fixed console error related to sending incomplete wrench events
  • Fixed console error related to apostrophes in server welcome message
  • Fixed player persistence saving for blid -1 if user connected but failed authentication
  • Fixed console error related to using /alarm while emote_alarm add-on was disabled

Sounds excellent. I wish I were on my home computer so I could test the graphical changes

Man, you guys are pumping out update after update.

• Shadowing method changed from variance shadow maps to regular cascading shadow maps.  Significant speed improvement at higher shadow map sizes.
  • Very High/Max shader settings added to options dialog
  • Dynamic object shadows are no longer rendered in furthest shadow map in low detail shadows - decent speed improvement

:D

Awesome as a possum.

Max shadows are REALLY good.

Whenever I tried to set the shadows above the previous maximum before(this was using the add-on), my entire computer would freeze and I would have to restart. Will this still probably happen?

Isn't much to say except awesome I don't need that console command for higher shaders settings anymore.

Max shadows? Excellent! c:

Sweet mother of god
yes

Amazing. Performance increase of around 300%. Shadows can actually run on my Geforce 6200 now.
How do i update GLSL?
This is maintained by the video driver, but your hardware must support the newer library in order for the driver to take advantage of it.

looks so much better now.