2012/08/22 - Blockland r1711

Author Topic: 2012/08/22 - Blockland r1711  (Read 26972 times)

Man, the shadows are just getting better, and it makes me sadder that I can't run them.

Still no shadows for intel users :L

Still no shadows for intel users :L

Just wait patiently. I'm sure it will come.

Thing is that badspot is giving all those people with a good graphics card a ton of new lovey features and we get nothing :C

Thing is that badspot is giving all those people with a good graphics card a ton of new lovey features and we get nothing :C

You can still enjoy a game without fancy graphics. If you enjoyed it before the update you can still enjoy it now.
Also, you have no idea how hard it can be to design a game like this. Neither do I, but I'm 100% sure it's hard and requires a lot of skill. That's why I wait patiently, because I know he's working hard on this game.

He's not giving features - he's fixing features so they work correctly. He released the update for us to test and so he could bug fix, which he is. The Intel problem seems big, so he's waiting until he's completely settled on how he wants the whole system set up before he starts making it functional on Intel - so he doesn't have to adjust the same features again if he hits a snag over Intel.

Point being: Instead of both fixing it overall while also making sure those fixes work on Intel, he is fixing it and then applying the fixes to Intel when everything is settled.

I am just assuming the above, but it makes sense to me.

Badspot

• Administrator
Badspot, why did you crap-on bot events?

Code: [Select]
Loading Add-On: Event_Bots (CRC:-1955654872)
Add-Ons/Event_Bots/server.cs (134): string always evaluates to 0.
Executing Add-Ons/Event_Bots/server.cs.

I've taken to failing add-ons that display obvious error messages.  Perhaps I'm being too strict but this is a clear indication that the add-on was never properly tested.  I'm probably just going to elevate this error message to the level of a syntax error so all future add-ons that have these errors will fail automatically.  Also:
bot events were buggy, broke bot spawning, and you could crash servers with it

my shadows are inactive and gsl language is "null"
Install video drivers.

Shaders don't work after update:

http://blockstersocial.net/storage/noWork.png

Have you installed a custom shader?

I've taken to failing add-ons that display obvious error messages.  Perhaps I'm being too strict but this is a clear indication that the add-on was never properly tested.  I'm probably just going to elevate this error message to the level of a syntax error so all future add-ons that have these errors will fail automatically.  Also:
That's what Bot Events II are for   :D

Remind me again what you are entitled to?

I'm probably just going to elevate this error message to the level of a syntax error so all future add-ons that have these errors will fail automatically.

How exactly does that work? I mean, it couldn't work on the individual level since you gotta test scripts and making those mistakes can be unavoidable before completion. How would it know what to fail and what is a personal Add-On being tested?

Or wait, is it Add-Ons that get onto the cloud?

How exactly does that work? I mean, it couldn't work on the individual level since you gotta test scripts and making those mistakes can be unavoidable before completion. How would it know what to fail and what is a personal Add-On being tested?

Or wait, is it Add-Ons that get onto the cloud?

It will probably just fail all of them. You shouldn't have a random number comparison to a string anyway, it generally means there's something wrong with your add-on.

Also, I have random zig-zagging shadows from bricks.

Zig zaggy shadows are not a bug.

Awesome update, you guys rock ;D

HatModPlus got craped on.
but none of the extensions did.

I'm gonna keep the ultra graphics mod because ultra sounds much cooler than max.