Author Topic: Sound problems?  (Read 383 times)

what's going on here is i can (for example) fire a weapon uncrouched and in first person, and it's normal. the second i crouch the game acts like i have my volume really high and the sound amplifies. I don't know what's causing it, but it didn't use to happen. it started a long time ago probably sometime last year, i just started getting more annoyed with it.

help? is this normal?

Thats normal.

Remember to take into account that, when you are crouched, you are closer to the weapon (Rocket Launcher in this case) And if you are closer to it, chances are the sound will be louder.

In other words, this isn't a problem at all, the only reason why no one else has replied is because everyone experiences this, its basic sound dynamics.

Summary: The closer you are to the sounds source, the louder the sound will be EVEN IN BLOCKLAND

it didn't use to happen before, and if it did, it wasn't as drastic. now it's like
*standing* "pew pew pew"  *crouching* "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

i am exaggerating but i'm serious, it goes way higher than i set it, so it's "i barely hear it" to "i'm going to go deaf"

I have a problem much similar to this.

is there an option for this?

I would believe that game creators would add options to change the volume for different things in the game.

- Music
- Event Sounds
- Weapon Sounds
- Brick Placement/Movement Sounds
- Brick Plant Error Sounds
- Jumping Sound
- Button Clicking Sound
- Player Death Sound
- Emotion Sounds

As far as I know, that's all of the sounds you hear in-game.
There are more sounds that different add-ons create.
Examples: Achievements, Revenge/Kill Streak Announcement, Announcements, etc.