Pointe Du Hoc v1

Author Topic: Pointe Du Hoc v1  (Read 3092 times)

Built by Pepsimann (ID: 17576)

June 6th, 1944      D-day      Pointe Du Hoc

Allied Objective: Several 105mm batteries that are in position on a cliff, to fire upon the landings at Omaha and Utah beaches to the west and east. The US Army 2nd Ranger Battalion is in charge of landing on the beach code named: Pointe Du Hoc, at 07:00 hours to scale the 100ft cliff and use their explosives to disarm the Wehrmacht of these guns.

Spoiler alert!: The Guns never were installed into the position making the ranger’s mission in vain.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:41:01 AM by SailorMan »

stuff son! That's awesome!

The bunkers are set too far back and the beach is too short, so the defenders get no environmental advantage.

When are you going to host this?

:o
When are you going to host this?
Indeed! when?

Terrain isnt half bad but the beachhead is tiny tbh.

Would be great if you could get some gameplay pictures/footage up.

:oIndeed! when?
I will get back to you on that as soon as I can c:

Look at this video, at 2:30
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:26:20 PM by SailorMan »

Most of the build is majestic, but it needs a little more height differences in terrain and the beach thing looks strange.

The beach at Pointe Du Hoc wasn't a very large stretch. Although I agree with the fact that it could've used more detail in the build.

The beach at Pointe Du Hoc wasn't a very large stretch.
I'm pretty sure that the bunkers were close enough to the edge of the cliff that you could actually shoot people out of them though.

I'm pretty sure that the bunkers were close enough to the edge of the cliff that you could actually shoot people out of them though.
Strangely no, they weren't really.

About that, you have to play it to realize that it is kind of hard for the allies to get up the slope, so the bunkers are tad bit farther back to prevent the mowing down of the troops. Also, the bunkers have cover on the CP points, which are all above the ledge :/

Also, another example of the beach is this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izVpzHUYjWo