Author Topic: Your first time playing Blockland  (Read 2342 times)

Demo: Tutorial, i wasn't an idiot who goes out adventuring with out being tutored first

Full Version: I don't remember what clans it was but i was in a hotel server i remember there being gokarts outside of the hotel. Hooga the pirate told me to go away so i switched the server to some slate City RPG where i got stuck into the old JVS doors. Then i went to Irk98's challenge map. I didn't know how to Self Delete so i disconnected the game and rejoined whenever i "died".

When I bought the game, I already knew some stuff about building, so I had my fun building basic houses on people's servers :D Later on, I learned how to install add-ons. The first add-ons I got were some stuffty guns or something, but I figured the weapons out later, only installing higher-quality stuff. I started hosting a Fort Wars server from then on, using valences weapons and various terrain maps. Those were good times. Nowadays, I mainly join other people's servers for fun, instead of hosting a fort war. (fort wars aren't any fun without any terrain to build/fight on)

When I bought the game, I already knew some stuff about building, so I had my fun building basic houses on people's servers
I remember when i used to build furniture inside the Kitchen's fridge secret in the demo. the first thing i built in the full version was a red 2x4, 4 blocks high wall on the bedroom's shelf side that Facechild's llamas were on after these two guys gave me a free ride on a flying wheeled jeep. Then the host loaded up a deathmatch arena on the bed and fun times were had.

I learned to customize my character. Then tutorial.

Few months later actually bought the game.

Kicked from like 4 servers because my id was 8652.

In the demo, I built an entirely red box inside of the slate sea storm revised map, and pretended I was a pirate.

IGSO
Holy stuff I remember that. But then some update broke it. v10 I think?

I think I immediately started building a TDM on my server, that was really nice, for a new guy.
Not on my server:
I was on Tape's City server... And had some troubles with DannyBoy's Bullpup, Rocket Launcher, as well as large store.

But that was after I started multi player. I did some stuff in single player. I can remember my rookie mistake in the kitchen. I had build a crappy base on the fridge, hid ontop of the light, blew it up with a Rocket L, then tried to run over to it and take pictures or to save it really quick so that I would have a "Wrecked base."

Another thing I did was Bedroom night, and I built basically some sand bags, a jeep, and a few tanks on the other side of the map, and "Parachuted" (Used jets) to get from the ceiling down to the floor, tried to shoot the crap out of tanks, etc. I did a few other things too, so yeah. I was basically a "Toy soldier" on block land for the first weekend I played, because I was still at the age of planning tactics and setting up Army men  strategically in my basement o.O

Holy stuff I remember that. But then some update broke it. v10 I think?
Yeah i guess and some mods blocked it. I remember trying to open it because i pressed the keybind in accident and i was autobanned from the server for 1 minute for the reason "Igso... Pftt.". Probably because RTB came out.

my friend showed me the demo 4 or 5 years ago

when I first played the game it was free and the exe was called blockLand.exe

My first memory of playing on Blockland was back in early June 2009. At that time, I remember trying to make an elevator of sorts using setPlayerTransform events in Bedroom. It wasn't pretty, but it was functional. I think I still have the save somewhere :o.

I played on this server with 2 teams on carriers and a small main island where you can get there by swimming or planes.

IF ONLY I COULD REMEMBER IT.
Wizzard's dogfight TDM?

i remember making my name "panda" to annoy cucumber (for banning me because i went on kill sprees with a mech in cucumber's city RP, i believe)

yeee

..atleast, i think i did that
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:52:31 AM by CharlesSpeaking »

Pace's Green Hills server. November 2005.

I joined during V11. I saw Badspot's server and thought "Oh wow, a Block Party! that sounds fun!" Then I saw that Badspot was there, and everyone was crowding around him, and asked "What's the big deal? It's just Badspot."