To Badspot - Something's wrong with Glow FX.

Author Topic: To Badspot - Something's wrong with Glow FX.  (Read 1279 times)

Hopefully, you all know what Glow FX is.

In pre-v21 Blockland, the Glow FX would glow in the dark, hence the name. But recently, if you dim the map, Glow FX will not glow. It becomes like a regular brick.

I don't know much about it right now. I don't know if it's me or not, or if it's a bug, or if it's the fact that I have an Intel Graphics card that hates on shaders.

If it turns out it is my computer, I'm probably gonna lock the thread and let it die. But otherwise, Badspot, I would appreciate it if you fixed this bug.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 04:14:07 PM by Tactical Nuke »

It is a bug indeed, It happens on Munk's server too.

Well, that's good to know. I'd hate to have another thing that my computer can't process.

It only happens when shaders are off. Badspot messed up the non-shader lighting.

It only happens when shaders are off. Badspot messed up the non-shader lighting.
This.
I noticed it too and thought it was my intel card, but in revision 1728 when you could run shaders on minimum, glow FX worked.

i think this is supposed to be part of shaders

Aren't they going to make a patch for Intel cards to run shaders?

Aren't they going to make a patch for Intel cards to run shaders?
most of us intel users can run them on minimum now.

most of us intel users can run them on minimum now.
Yes, thanks to the most recent update, i can use minimum.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well, above water and everything, doesn't matter what the environment is.

You should have posted that to the bug thread.

Nothing glows or cuts through shaders.

Glow FX, self-illuminating models, nothing.
It would be nice if glowing things actually glow..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:55:24 AM by Mr.Noßody »

Yes, thanks to the most recent update, i can use minimum.

What? I can't turn it on.

Build something touching the brick, if it dosent glow then try other places like top/bottom.
Exploding/fake-killing it also works.