Author Topic: Metal Poisoning?  (Read 1740 times)

He told me his mother had gotten it through touching the metal end of his BB gun.

I feel bad, but I don't know exactly what it is. (man i wish i had a Ph.D)

So, watdo to help?

metal poisoning from touching the end of his BB gun, what the forget. this isnt possible.

Last time I checked touching metal won't kill you unless there's some rare instant-killing germ on it.

I don't understand how you get poisoning simply by touching metal.
Unless it's mercury or something, but a gun barrel couldn't be make of mercury.

the only thing i can think of is lead, other than that the tip of your BB gun isnt made out of metal. not just that you'd have to touch lead for a few minutes.

He wasn't very descriptive about how she really got it, so I am just as confused as you guys.

Was the end of the gun made out of rusty nails?
Did she impale her finger/hand on said nails?
If so, that explains everything!
If not u dumb son.

He wasn't very descriptive about how she really got it, so I am just as confused as you guys.
tell "her" that she's stupid.
Was the end of the gun made out of rusty nails?
Did she impale her finger/hand on said nails?
If so, that explains everything!
If not u dumb son.
that's not metal poisoning, that's a bacterial infection.

Do you mean LEAD poisoning?

Cause there is no such thing as metal poisoning.

Touching metal will not poison you unless it's a poisonous, reactive metal. BB guns are not made of poisonous, reactive metal. She could get lead poisoning from ingesting the BB pellets, though.

Touching metal will not poison you unless it's a poisonous, reactive metal. BB guns are not made of poisonous, reactive metal. She could get lead poisoning from ingesting the BB pellets, though.
i dont think BB pellets are made out of Lead considering how toxic it can be, and how soft of a metal it is.

i dont think BB pellets are made out of Lead considering how toxic it can be, and how soft of a metal it is.
Lead is extremely dense, almost all gun/bb guns use it.