Poll

Thanks for the help, the 12 votes made me loosen the grip I had with my 2nd generation

Yes
12 (70.6%)
No
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Upgrading from iPod Touch 2g to iPod Touch 5g?  (Read 5839 times)

iPod Touch 5th Generation




   Hey guys, as you may be aware (Including the posts about the IOS 6 and iPhone 5), they are just around the corner and I have had my eyes on the next iPod Touch for a while now.

   My concern is whether or not to actually purchase the new device. I like to keep up to date with society and the technology available, but not sure if the price is worth it right now. I got my iPod Touch 2g for around $150 some years ago when it was still very popular even after the 3g was released, and it's still a powerful device. It functions just as it did when I first got it, minus the smudges of course. The only problem is that because of the three updated generations after mine, the majority of my apps no longer update and tell me I need IOS 4.2 and above to install. I am always on the brink of running out of memory with the 8gb version I have, especially with having nearly 500-600 songs at once that aren't your typical 3 minute songs.



   My overall question is:

     "Should I buy the iPod Touch 5g 32gb Black version for $299 when it comes out with a budget of just under $600?" I partially became attached to my old iPod Touch so opinions will help me decide what to do. Please post below and if you want use the poll above to narrow your opinion. I may buy it, but I want the community's help in seeing if this is a good investment. If you have any questions because of my vagueness, please post below.

For $600 you should buy a laptop.

For $600 you should buy a laptop.
here we go.




I heard it has some performance tweaks and bug fixes. It can also run the latest games so yeah, go for it.

If you already had a 4 or 4S, I'd say no, but a 2G is pretty old, so do it.


i wouldn't spend that much on an iPod.

Well I don't have a 4 or 4S, I do have the 2G.

For $600 you should buy a laptop.

Nowai  :cookieMonster: Ima do it nao..


It served well. At least I will still have half of my spending money after purchase..

2G is pretty old. Getting this new one would be worth it.

rip a twigs money

rest in peace

Also notice the sarcasm :I

2G is pretty old. Getting this new one would be worth it.

True, and it even was still popular on the market after the release of the 3rd Generation so it was a pretty good piece of tech. I hope to get 2-4 years out of the 5th generation if I get it.

This is literally the fourth topic today that I've had to say this: iPhones are just a useless status symbol.

This is literally the fourth topic today that I've had to say this: iPhones are just a useless status symbol.

an iPod is not an iPhone, handicap

This is literally the fourth topic today that I da dumb ass have read, so have to say this: iPhones are just a useless status symbol.

Can you read. Topic is about the iPod Touch.

I have not upgraded in 2 years so I'm not an obsessed freak that buys every new Apple product the day it comes out.

an iPod is not an iPhone, handicap

BECAUSE THERE IS A 100% DIFFERENCE YES MMHM

iPod:iPhone without a phone

My argument still stands whether it's an iPod or an iPhone.