Author Topic: Small Lake(wip)  (Read 2311 times)

Hey guys, i've rounded up an old save, i thought when i made it i was gunna make a pokemon rpg, i might anyway, but, thats besides the point. I'm hoping to add more to it soon.

CRITICIZE ME TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!! No, jking, but please tell me how to improve.

If you want save, just say so and i'll wip 1 up.

Made entirely by me.

Ratings aloud ?/10

Enjoy!(and ignore my strange addiction with the enter key  :cookieMonster:)

OverView:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:07:16 PM by shadow297 »

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:04:46 PM by shadow297 »

It looks less like a lake and more like a series of ponds. The landscape could be a lot better. It looks like you got the gist and then planted 4x cubes in random locations.

It looks less like a lake and more like a series of ponds. The landscape could be a lot better. It looks like you got the gist and then planted 4x cubes in random locations.

Thx for the feedback, i think the reason for those cubes are that i messed up with duplicator and just decided to keep them there, i'm pretty sure i'm going to remove a bunch of them, and the landscape does need some improvement, thats why they call wip right :)

Well, depending on your personal standards, I'm not sure this version is worth keeping, if you're going to remove or revamp most of it. You might be better off starting fresh and aiming to make the landscape more natural and planned.

Not a huge fan of those random cubes sticking out of the ground and how quick it turns from grassy to snowy, and it is a little small.
may I Rate?

Not a huge fan of those random cubes sticking out of the ground and how quick it turns from grassy to snowy, and it is a little small.
may I Rate?

Sure

Well, depending on your personal standards, I'm not sure this version is worth keeping, if you're going to remove or revamp most of it. You might be better off starting fresh and aiming to make the landscape more natural and planned.

Ya, might aswell, but i'm gunna keep this save just in case i need it(idk what) But im not using it for a final product if i ever decide to make 1

5/10. smooth out the landscape and make it much bigger.

can i download this save?

30/50

The main issue is the lakes, which have clearly defined corners. Try to round them out and not give them such regular overall shapes.

The second issue is the cubescaping. Currently you can see exactly which cubes you used, where, and almost the order you built the terrain in. Break up upper levels of terrain by stacking 4x4 cubes as demonstrated here.

Beyond that, make the lake one large body of water. Most lakes aren't so small you can walk around it easily.

You look to have potential, just need the information of how to make such terrain better.