Rub - Immature

Author Topic: Rub - Immature  (Read 4934 times)

im suprised there's a law that says '18 year olds are adults'
there very well could be though i guess
Youre trying to hard

im suprised there's a law that says '18 year olds are adults'
there very well could be though i guess
how is it surprising in any way? seriously what do you think you are, a legal expert lol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority#Age_18

Lub and Ephi have called so many people autistic, I'm starting to think they might have caught something..

i'd consider 18 a child (?)

In most countries 18 is considered the age of majority.

Boltster's problem is when he brings this up he refers to "being a child" as a pattern of behavior, not just what law states. He implies turning his age makes his opinion more valuable, and his behavior more reasonable. Maybe ironic he is a living example of why this isn't true.

Physically speaking by age Boltster is still a teenager. In law he is accountable as an adult. In every other aspect, he is a child-- just one tapering away at the end of adolescence.  It can be confusing.

In some countries you are considered an adult at 13 which is disturbing.

In most countries 18 is considered the age of majority.

Boltster's problem is when he brings this up he refers to "being a child" as a pattern of behavior, not just what law states. He implies turning his age makes his opinion more valuable, and his behavior more reasonable. Maybe ironic he is a living example of why this isn't true.

Physically speaking by age Boltster is still a teenager. In law he is accountable as an adult. In every other aspect, he is a child-- just one tapering away at the end of adolescence.  It can be confusing.

In some countries you are considered an adult at 13 which is disturbing.
me being a self sustained, renting, bill paying adult gives me a frame of reference that you don't have

i dont get how that is so hard to understand for you

me being a self sustained, renting, bill paying adult gives me a frame of reference that you don't have

First hand experience would be nice, sure, but I don't need that for perspective. No doubt you know far more about what its like to have to be self sustaining, there is no question, I've yet to have to use my income practically.

But unless we are talking about work or bills, there is very little that experience will give you when talking about things on this forum. Paying rent doesn't make you right about everything... unless everything suddenly becomes about managing personal finances.

It just isn't relevant Boltster. Am I being unreasonable in saying that?

Neither of you are going to be able to convince each other who is more adult, or what really defines someone as being adult.

Might as well drop it and go back to whatever you were arguing about previously.

Neither of you are going to be able to convince each other who is more adult, or what really defines someone as being adult.

I don't want to put the misconception out there I'm trying to argue about being adult. I'd like to think we are all in the same boat until we are in our 20s.

It just isn't relevant Boltster. Am I being unreasonable in saying that?
yes, you are

it's completely relevant to the topic and what i was saying
not everyone is a child living out of their parents bank account

might be a bit of a world shift for you i know

Besides, there's only like 4 actual adults in your community anyways.

I'm an adult, maybe we could be best friends bolt?

Besides, there's only like 4 actual adults in your community anyways.
like m- aawww wait