Author Topic: Shaders work in Linux, but not in Windows.  (Read 2003 times)

Xubuntu 12.04.1 with Wine 1.5.13

Crashes on anything above minimal shaders, however.

Windows Vista Business

console logs are attached from each OS.

specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2GHz
Intel GMA965/X3100
3GB DDR2 RAM

They run terrible on linux, but hey at least they do, right?

Unrelated question, but what's your FPS rate in Linux?

It might be a driver problem.

Unrelated question, but what's your FPS rate in Linux?

Without shaders, it ranges from 15 - 45FPS depending on the amount of bricks. Only downside, is that the mouse is awfully jerky to say the least. It even over-compensates at some points.
With, it drops to 15 regardless and goes downhill from there.
I have an integrated graphics card/chip/etc. so I'm sure most others would have better luck.

Without shaders, it ranges from 15 - 45FPS depending on the amount of bricks. Only downside, is that the mouse is awfully jerky to say the least. It even over-compensates at some points.
With, it drops to 15 regardless and goes downhill from there.
I have an integrated graphics card/chip/etc. so I'm sure most others would have better luck.
That's pretty good for an IGC.

Intel does not have shaders due to the graphics card not being updated.

Intel does not have shaders due to the graphics card not being updated.
did you even read OP?
did you even read the title?
He said it WORKS ON LINUX.

did you even read OP?
did you even read the title?
He said it WORKS ON LINUX.
Oh, so he wants to know why it works on Linux? OK, your FPS appears high, maybe your graphics card is updated well, you have LOTS of ram allocated to BL,or your graphics card supports it.

The Windows driver for your card probably isn't capable of the same things as the Linux driver.

Oh, so he wants to know why it works on Linux? OK, your FPS appears high, maybe your graphics card is updated well, you have LOTS of ram allocated to BL,or your graphics card supports it.
You don't really know what you're talking about.

TheBlackParrot, it could just be a mixup where the game is blocking off those options in windows because your card is poor, but it cannot detect them correctly in Linux and therefore is not limiting your options.
Not 100% sure, just throwing an idea out there.

You don't really know what you're talking about.

TheBlackParrot, it could just be a mixup where the game is blocking off those options in windows because your card is poor, but it cannot detect them correctly in Linux and therefore is not limiting your options.
Not 100% sure, just throwing an idea out there.
Your right...I need to get a life.:3

Badspot

• Administrator
I guess the Mesa driver implements more features than the windows intel driver.  Interesting, but given the performance of the 965GM this is not worth investigating. 

I guess the Mesa driver implements more features than the windows intel driver.  Interesting, but given the performance of the 965GM this is not worth investigating. 
Kinda figured that.
I can live without shaders, I was pointing it out just in case.