Author Topic: Decline in Blockland?  (Read 2245 times)

All of my friends are still playing it, but I see a lack of good servers lately

I don't really see any huge change in the the statistics for the forums or the amount of in-game activity.
Now, even if this was real, there could be a few things to explain it:

1. Minecraft is SERIOUSLY drawing in more and more Blockland players, even as we speak.
2. Summer is over, so there is less time for players to get on every day.
3. Think about it, Blockland's almost six years old (not including BETA).  Many people that were probably thirteen when they first joined Blockland shortly after it's release are probably NINETEEN years old by now.  You would think that they would've grown out of it by now.  Think: a nineteen-year-old college student playing a game similar to Legos.  Don't you think that that would be a little sad?
4. I've seen this happen a lot; people just get board with it.  There is always a point when someone loses interest in a game that they use to play a lot.  This can either be because of number three, changes in the game they don't like or they're off to do bigger, and better things.
5. I actually read one of the first replies to this topic.  They said that this could be because of mean players. This actually could be a good reason.  With Blockland being a small community, it is likely that with the amount of unfriendly players that I've seen, Blockland could actually lose lot of players due to a rotten community.

Although, just remember, every day, Blockland is gaining more, and more players.  And with Blockland trying to get onto Steam, this should help raise the size of the Blockland community.
A quote from someone on Steam that replied to the request of Blockland:
So much better than Minecraft!

Think: a nineteen-year-old college student playing a game similar to Legos.  Don't you think that that would be a little sad?
No!

I'll in college soon, and I'll still play this game.

Only 66% of blockland users can run blockland, school ,busy with other stuff.

A quote from someone on Steam that replied to the request of Blockland:

That was made by a blocklander.

You know why everybody is quitting Blockland?? Thats because kompressor and Badspot deleted the maps which I used to love.

Yeah I host an arctic survival rp server and then it just seems to me that the server doesn't work well without the slopes.