Picking up this baby on the weekend

Author Topic: Picking up this baby on the weekend  (Read 2980 times)

Pretty pumped. bought the rack, 'fincline' (flat-incline) bench and 140kg of olympic weights (with a 1500lb capacity 86" bar) for $700, down from $1100 because i know the bloke. I'm going to use my old mans metal lathe to mill out the centers of all my old weights to the olympic bar diameter, so i'll have roughly 250kg of weights all up.

i wasn't actually going to buy the power rack, but i thought it'd be good after i almost crushed myself trying to do the 'roll of shame' out of a bench i couldn't handle last week lol. plus it gives me more safety with squats, so i'll probably start doing them 3 times a week now

also thinking about making use of my welding skills and building a couple of modular attachments for the rack, like a plate loaded see-saw dip station that pivots on the safety pins. it'd look something like this:

except it'd be a standing station (plus i'll probably make a horizontal locking mechanism so i can just use it for regular bodyweight dips instead of plate loading the machine)

discuss manly activities and purchases

i thought you were literally picking up a baby this saturday

boltster w/ child

anyways, congrats

Bolster is gonna look hot

Oh

I thought you meant an actual baby

looks sweet man, how much you bench?

Oh

I like deceiving titles and crappy eyeballs.

I thought he was going to steal a child :o

I thought you were gonna kidnap a baby

I thought you were gonna kidnap a baby
I thought he was going to steal a child :o
Oh

Apparently everyone thinks Boltster likes stealing babies.

boltster please show me your muscles when you're done with your weights

please

how much do you weight?

don't drop it. that will hurt and possibly kill you.