0 (0%)
Razer Tiamat 7.1
0 (0%)
Beats Headphones by dre
1 (33.3%)
Other (Post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Building a gaming computer -- Suggest Accessories  (Read 1253 times)

^Please answer the poll above^

Currently I am in the process of selecting parts to build a sweet new gaming computer, and I need some ideas on what accessories to get. I right now will list what I currently have selected for certain pieces of hardware, please feel free to comment on these or suggest other ones.

Monitor:
Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor

Mouse:
SteelSeries Kana Mouse (Getting this from amazon, but from the same company since it is cheaper and not out of stock)

Case:
Cooler Master HAF X

Motherboard:
ASUS P8Z77

Memory (RAM):
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB

Processor:
Intel Core i7-2700K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz

GPU (Graphics Card):
EVGA GeForce GTX670

Boot Drive:
OCZ Technology 256GB SSD

Storage:
Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB

Power Supply:
Seasonic PLATINUM-1000 ATX 1000

Keyboard:
SteelSeries Shift (Recommended by LeetZero, and looks perfect for my new computer)

Not all my selected parts are listed, but I decided to list the main ones for comments and feedback.

Also, please feel free to post ideas for other accessories such as keyboards, headphones, and mice. I am open to ideas as I need them to help build my computer.

Other accessories considered:

SteelSeries Siberia v2 Headset
SteelSeries 4H headset
Shogun Bros. Chameleon X-1 Mouse
Razer Tiamat
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:36:10 PM by Dr_Zegobob »

headphones/mice - SteelSeries.

headphones/mice - SteelSeries.
Thanks for that, I will look it up.

I heard AOS or what ever its called is a really good Monitor brand. I'd go with the Asus VS248H-P?

Thanks for that, I will look it up.

I'm using a 4H headset, it's very good. Most people will recommend the Siberia, which I've heard is very comfortable.

As for mice, I have a Razer Abyssus but I do want that Dota 2 SteelSeries Kana.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:53:00 PM by Dr_Zegobob »

I've never used the Siberia, but I've only ever heard good things about it. If you can afford it, go for it.

The Dota 2 Kana is purely advertisement, so unless you actually like Dota 2 that much, you might as well get the regular Kana.

All of them... triple monitor.

I heard AOS or what ever its called is a really good Monitor brand. I'd go with the Asus VS248H-P?
By that do you mean AOC?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

i didn't read op sorry if its same
This is the ASUS VS248H-P, one of the choices in the OP.

I've never used the Siberia, but I've only ever heard good things about it. If you can afford it, go for it.

The Dota 2 Kana is purely advertisement, so unless you actually like Dota 2 that much, you might as well get the regular Kana.
Alright, I added the Kana and the Siberia to the OP, the Kana looks like a really good mouse to me. Thanks for your suggestions.

This is the ASUS VS248H-P, one of the choices in the OP.
Well that's the one I recommend.

Well that's the one I recommend.
Considering that that is the one most people recommend, I will add that to my cart.

Considering that that is the one most people recommend, I will add that to my cart.
I'm getting it too later in the year, should be worth every penny.

Remove that dell moniter from the poll, you don't want a dell moniter.

Dell is known for selling DOA parts and having terrible customer service.

Do not buy the Siberia v2 if you have a big head. You can't resize/adjust it at all. I bought one and took it back the same day because it didn't fit. (it also sounded like stuff)