Author Topic: Mouse Scroll - Broken? (RESOLVED)  (Read 553 times)

Last night, my mouse scroll was working just fine, but now, ever since I restarted my computer, something triggers it to scroll up when I have certain windows open. For example, if I'm making my audio go up with the button on the taskbar, it automatically scrolls up. Or if I'm rendering in Virtual Dub, the rendering quality scrolls up. I can scroll up and down in browsers just fine, but I also get this glitch when I open Devices and Printers. I'm not sure if there's something mechanically wrong with the mouse, or it's just my computer. I reinstalled the drivers, but the problem still persists.

It may not even be the mouse.  I have a Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse.
Any ideas on what I should do to fix this problem? I'd also like to mention that a similar problem occurred recently with a mouse I got in the past.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:02:22 PM by --LegoPepper-- »

I had the same problem but my mouse's scroll didn't work, look in the windows mouse settings. Maybe your hardware is not up to date.

have you tried clicking the mouse wheel?

I had the same problem but my mouse's scroll didn't work, look in the windows mouse settings. Maybe your hardware is not up to date.
Everything is up to date.
have you tried clicking the mouse wheel?
Yes, and when I do it in a browser, instead of going to that 'scrolling mode' it'll go right back to the pointer.

Unplug your mouse and plug it back in again.

Unplug your mouse and plug it back in again.
Did that too. And restarted and reinstalled drivers.

is it a ps2 or usb connector? my ps2's always went out or did something stupid

try plugging in a different mouse to see if that works instead.

Funny, it was just water. It was the same deal with my other mouse, just drying the water now. I really need to get some sort of cup holder.