Best CPU for hosting?

Author Topic: Best CPU for hosting?  (Read 441 times)

What would the best CPU for hosting gaming servers be?  (Specifically minecraft servers)?  It doesn't need to run tons of games and programs.  My internet connection is also fine.  Also, the cheapest that there is would be awesome!
Thanks!

>best
>oh and cheapest too

uhm wat

>best
>oh and cheapest too

uhm wat
the best you can get for cheap?

A server CPU, like a Xeon.

You might want to consider RAM to. I have a 3.1GHz processor but stuffty Internet. Although, I have 16 GB of RAM which allows me to host with three people plus myself on the server.

You might want to consider RAM to. I have a 3.1GHz processor but stuffty Internet. Although, I have 16 GB of RAM which allows me to host with three people plus myself on the server.

you should be able to host like 3+ 99 players servers on 16GB of ram lol

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=156702.msg3757166#msg3757166

70 players only cost 1.2 gigs.

uh yeah

notice the "+" sign there so unless you've typed that for around 30 minutes you're missing it

A server CPU, like a Xeon.

Do you have specific (hopefully cheap) model in mind?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:41:29 PM by WALK2222 »

uh yeah

notice the "+" sign there so unless you've typed that for around 30 minutes you're missing it
I misread as a server with 3+99 players. Which would have been a reference to how he said he could have 3 extra players.

For cheap, use a calculator

Do you have specific (hopefully cheap) model in mind?

Heres my system information (To lengthy to put in a post, so sadly you will have to download the .txt file to view)