Author Topic: Hey, why are iPhone plans so expensive? asdf  (Read 430 times)

I have an android and my plan is apparently less than 40$ a month and includes unlimited data.
But with an iPhone 5 I'd have to pay a minimum of 80$ a month and only get 300mb data a month?
And what really bothers me is that half of that is for calling, and I can't remember the last time I used a cell phone to actually call someone.
Any plans that don't make you include any minutes by default?

The core point of a cell phone is to make calls.  Carriers laugh at the idea of not even including a few minutes per month.

iPhone plans are ridiculously expensive because Apple + carriers know their customers will do anything for their precious exclusive toys so they price them high for the same data at the same speed at the same caps.

The core point of a cell phone is to make calls.  Carriers laugh at the idea of not even including a few minutes per month.

iPhone plans are ridiculously expensive because Apple + carriers know their customers will do anything for their precious exclusive toys so they price them high for the same data at the same speed at the same caps.
I looked and I'm like "oh its only 200 dollars and even that model has about as much space as my old phone, plus all the new better features"
But the fact the plan is twice as expensive is a killer.
As for making calls, if something's important enough I need to make an actual call, I usually use a ground line. Besides, a "few" minutes probably wouldn't add 50$/mo to a plan.

Is it with the same carrier?

They seem expensive because the average person cannot appreciate how much technology actually goes into those things.

They seem expensive because the average person cannot appreciate how much technology actually goes into those things.

shiny metal and technology parts!!1