2012/10/05 - Blockland r1744

Author Topic: 2012/10/05 - Blockland r1744  (Read 34695 times)

If JVS is enabled, the default doors are disabled now?

If JVS is enabled, the default doors are disabled now?
Probably not. The default doors are in the Special category and functions completely differently.

I wish Badspot stopped only making bricks that belong into the Special category. Last time we saw new bricks to some other category was V15 and its arches.

I wish Badspot stopped only making bricks that belong into the Special category. Last time we saw new bricks to some other category was V15 and its arches.

This is the weirdest complaint I've read all day.

you know that the client GUI can only fit so many categories
right?

right?
Yeah, which is why we have categories called ramps, rounds, and such, which can be added on to, not just special.

I think it's about time he added these

Well look at that. The sound when opening and closing the doors (changing the datablock) was added back in.

right?
Which is why that brick category tab scroller add-on should be integrated into the default.

Which is why that brick category tab scroller add-on should be integrated into the default.
this

or the ability to resize the brick selector gui

Also, Why doesn't badspots delete the thousands upon thousands of members that haven't been active for 4+ years, have no blid registered, and have no posts? All it does is make the member list longer than it should be.

or the ability to resize the brick selector gui
Resizing it would just delay the problem, not fix it. Actually, it's already at the point where the problem would still be there if resizing was added.

it's already at the point where the problem would still be there if resizing was added.
No this is just people being stupid and thinking "I'm better than everyone I deserve my own brick category!" whenever they make a brickpack.

No this is just people being stupid and thinking "I'm better than everyone I deserve my own brick category!" whenever they make a brickpack.
That's not an excuse for breaking stuff, especially since it takes ~5 years to scroll through the main categories' bricks on some servers already.

Also, I don't understand why people hate the fact that the doors are six bricks high. I haven't checked the other default builds, but the brick doors in ACM City are six bricks high - most of them could be replaced with the new doors. I don't see why people are complaining that they now have to make their buildings less awkwardly short.

Also I kind of agree with this. A lot of brick Add-Ons don't really need a category. The new doors could have gotten their own tab, but one spot that already makes sense for them is Special/Doors. Most Brick Add-Ons should be able to make use of the default tabs.