[Comblock App] Large Spacestation

Author Topic: [Comblock App] Large Spacestation  (Read 2677 times)

Aludane's Comblock Application
ALC - Name of station: CB-Alpha

This is the possible HQ for Comblock. Currently there are between 30-40 rooms across 3 floors with areas of expansion if necessary.

• The bottom floor is the entry and has no lifesupport.
  • The second floor is mainly engineering to do with the main evented database, power and others necessary stuff.
  • The third floor is general living spaces along with working areas.

Technology aboard includes an expandable evented control system with a full qwerty keyboard and a command parser for accessing the evented database and printing custom entered messages (with the qwerty keyboard) into chat. Below is a screenshot of it:

Another screenshot shows the living quarters of Chief eventer Evar678:

Evar678 gave me a lot of creativity to build his area.

Another image shows the outer ring of the top floor. This is the main hall that goes around this floor but it is possible to navigate the corridors (but even I get lost).

This screenshot shows the outer corridor angles that took a while to get right:

The screenshot below shows a the general concept and feel of all the corridors on the second floor:

Finally the overall size and look of the spacestation.

I'm just going to include a bit more information about the evented devices on the station:

The control system is able to activate any of the doors on the lower level. All doors, switches, teleports require power to use and this in turn requires anti-matter. The crew have to control the level of energy produced or else the system will crash and nobody will be able to use anything. The only exception is with the doors on the third and the single door on the bottom floor which do not use this.

Current commands for the control system include:

TEST- : Tests the system
ALUDANE- : Shows a personal message on the print bricks.
EVAR678- : Shows a personal message on the print bricks.
CVALUE-  = *Value for evented database* : remotely access doors, services, teleporters etc
MSG- : This is a very powerful command that outputs a custom message to all players.
To use it, you have to enter MSG- then type the message you want to output.
CLCK- = *Value for power system* : This is quite dangerous since it changes the power settings and can drain anti-matter very quickly.
PWR- : This simply prints the level of energy that is stored in the station.

I made this build within an idea that it could be quickly modified and many rooms are open for storing evented devices by Comblock. Help was received from Evar678. He helped lower the amount of time needed to build this.

Looks cool
How the hell did you make the giant roof or whatever it is

Looks cool
How the hell did you make the giant roof or whatever it is
I used a sharper-cornerd ramp brick with lower-angled ramps.

I think that's what you meant by that question.

Love it.

If this isn't enough to get into Comblock then I don't know what is.
This is really an extraordinary build.

And I can officially say:
Welcome to Comblock, aludane.
:cookieMonster:

Love it.

If this isn't enough to get into Comblock then I don't know what is.
This is really an extraordinary build.

And I can officially say:
Welcome to Comblock, aludane.
:cookieMonster:
Ok now that I have been accepted I'll work on the extentions such as a swimming pool, better entry and exit points and an improved second floor room design.

This station is massive to all those reading this topic.

Ok now that I have been accepted I'll work on the extentions such as a swimming pool, better entry and exit points and an improved second floor room design.
Yay!

This station is massive to all those reading this topic.
I've basically been there for (almost) every stage of development, this station IS massive.
I watched it being built and I still get lost a little bit in it. :P

I like it a lot. Nicely executed. Comfortable looking interior is good; too many people go for hard-core military and forget to include the finer things.

Also: Sins of a Solar Empire inspired?

I've always wanted to make that effect with shadows and such. I really need to buy a new computer soon or I'm going to shoot myself.

Nice, most "space stations" here are bland and crappily-built, but this is the best i've ever seen
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:12:00 AM by Mr Man »

I like it a lot. Nicely executed. Comfortable looking interior is good; too many people go for hard-core military and forget to include the finer things.

Also: Sins of a Solar Empire inspired?
I see what you mean by because Sins of a Solar Empire because of the human's starbase designs which look very similar but I based it off the Thaddis Sabbah from Homeworld 2

I've just placed more lights around the place. It's quite dark in some corridors.